Testing Battery Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sniffette:
From a non-technical but highly practical point of view... I've found that with any brand of alkaline battery, I have to change my camera batteries after every single dive, otherwise the camera will surely conk out halfway through the second dive, invariably right when I see a really cool fish. Using the energizer lithium batteries, I can easily make it through two dives, and if they are relatively short, three dives with full camera power.

Of course, I hate throwing away partially used batteries, so always end up coming back from vacation with a baggie full of half dead AAs.

It’s great getting some field feedback on the Energizer lithium batteries. I was never advocating the use of alkalines. I just wanted to know if the e2 would give a metal a run for its money and be disposable too. Your experience suggests that this may be true.

Also, thanks to Charlie for exposing the “hole” in my testing methodology. I am now building a tester based on a dc-dc converter that will provide Watt Hour vs Amp Hour info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom