Testing the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 with the DMW-MCTZ10 Housing--Live, from Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also after watching some more of the videos. I really enjoy seeing you guys having so much fun diving. I hope me, my wife and kid can also be like that in later years :)

Offroad: The water clarity depends on the tides. When those huge lagoons are emptying out through the passes and outer reefs you tend to dive, the clarity can be poor. When the tide is incoming, the clarity is easily 100+ feet. But, you tend to find the Mantas in the soupy water.

Thanks for the observation ScubaMoMo! I will contact the seller and set the return in motion.

Cheers,
Roger

Hi,
I have the same camera and housing and am using it for the first time here in Cozumel. It has worked good, been using the underwater mode. But honestly most pics come out blurry! :( Have gotten some good ones too, but seems it is very challenging. Close is the key, but even when close often the focus is wrong and the pics are blurry.

I am wondering if this is just a limitation of underwater photography in general. Its definitely more difficult than photography on land!

So do i need to get an external slave / flash to really bring things into proper focus? I'm sure most of the pro pics you see online are not only taken with a slave, but also with an SLR (just couldnt justify the $1500+ cost for the enclosure! well not yet :)

Also, BlennyLips, noticed that your pics seem to be video screengrabs vs actual pics. Is there a gallery that is actual photos? Or all they all taken from videos? If they are actual pics they are heavily cropped. Just trying to get an example of what other people's pics are coming out like.

Thanks! :cool2: And Happy New Year! :D

For underwater you should choose a focus mode that only looks at the center of the image. The more commonly used modes use multiple zones in the image to attempt to get the best focus and for some reason does not do too well underwater. So, AF MODE -> point (last in the list) PRE AF -> OFF STABILIZER -> AUTO works pretty well for me. I shoot video in the MOTION JPEG / HD / 16:9 10.5m mode. In this mode, a video is a sequence of jpeg still images (more-or-less). Everything is my Picasa gallery, starting with "Blennylips Desert Road Trip" are photos using this camera: https://picasaweb.google.com/Blennylips -Roger

Back
Top Bottom