Texas Clipper Reefing Date

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew.........

Hey pass the popcorn...were are the sodas..??

:14:

She was opened for rec (wreck) diving on Monday and as Reefhound noted, she was nearly hull -up. You can make your way to her stern at 102fsw for photo ops of her name. Temp was recorded at 78-79F and the viz ranged from 20-30' depending on the depth. Not much fish life yet- I only saw 1 fish who'd taken up residence, but give it time and she'll be covered. We only had time to make 1 dive on her since we weren't released to get wet until 3:30pm, but she was an incredible sight to behold. I can't wait to go back in a few months and document the changes. The dive ops were outstanding IMO and did everything they could to make sure we had a safe dive. They recommended that no one try to make any penetration dives on her yet since she was still settling. Pics are posted on myspace.

She was opened for rec (wreck) diving on Monday and as Reefhound noted, she was nearly hull -up. You can make your way to her stern at 102fsw for photo ops of her name. Temp was recorded at 78-79F and the viz ranged from 20-30' depending on the depth. Not much fish life yet- I only saw 1 fish who'd taken up residence, but give it time and she'll be covered. We only had time to make 1 dive on her since we weren't released to get wet until 3:30pm, but she was an incredible sight to behold. I can't wait to go back in a few months and document the changes. The dive ops were outstanding IMO and did everything they could to make sure we had a safe dive. They recommended that no one try to make any penetration dives on her yet since she was still settling. Pics are posted on myspace.

And some pics from the first dive (yes, we ARE going to milk that :D) on the Clipper are posted here. Viz was pretty grotty - 20-30' max at 60' and below 90' was down to 10'.

And some pics from the first dive (yes, we ARE going to milk that :D) ...

I dont mind others diving the Clipper before me ... just keep the pictures and dive reports coming.

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom