Texas Clipper sinking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What happened to my avatar? My shoulders shrunk! :mooner:

Reefing ceremony was held on SPI last night. TPWD put together an imformative program withslides and documentation of the vessels three lives as the uss queens to the uss escambian to the texas clipper. Even had a former ww II vet who served on her when she was at Iwo. Photo's were shown of her days when she was a cruise liner sailing from new york to the med. There were slides of when she was a training ship for Texas A&M. The cleanup is going well . It is opened up thru the hull for diver access and divers will have many entry and exit points. You will be able to swim thru the ball room and down the staircases to the promanade deck. The stern is shaped like the titanic's and the bow is straight with a rail. Is kate winslet available? It has taken over 20 years to get to this point and 10 years specifically on this project. The most imprortant thing you can do to get more diving opportunities is to dive these wrecks and enjoy our sport.

chairmanTARAC:
Reefing ceremony was held on SPI last night. TPWD put together an imformative program withslides and documentation of the vessels three lives as the uss queens to the uss escambian to the texas clipper. Even had a former ww II vet who served on her when she was at Iwo. Photo's were shown of her days when she was a cruise liner sailing from new york to the med. There were slides of when she was a training ship for Texas A&M. The cleanup is going well . It is opened up thru the hull for diver access and divers will have many entry and exit points. You will be able to swim thru the ball room and down the staircases to the promanade deck. The stern is shaped like the titanic's and the bow is straight with a rail. Is kate winslet available? It has taken over 20 years to get to this point and 10 years specifically on this project. The most imprortant thing you can do to get more diving opportunities is to dive these wrecks and enjoy our sport.

For real, or is this just another april fools tease? I don't trust anything posted today :(

Woooohooo! More stuff to dive is no joke :)

Looks like I won't be able to make Mack's early trip to the Clipper, but me and my new camera housing will be down there this summer for sure. Those of you on the early trips will just have to photo document and post the experience so that I can get a little taste while I save my nickels and dimes to make the trip a little later.

chairmanTARAC:
Reefing ceremony was held on SPI last night. TPWD put together an imformative program ... The cleanup is going well. ... The most imprortant thing you can do to get more diving opportunities is to dive these wrecks and enjoy our sport.
Thanks for the update, Chairman. Good to hear of the progress. I am planning on making Mack's trip and really looking forward to the diving.

Willie

Thanks for the review of the reefing ceremony, chairmanTARAC. It reads like it was alot of fun and informative.

Sweet. My mom taught on the Texas Clipper for two summers and had a great time traveling the oceans. I was lucky enough to take a day cruise out of Galveston on the Clipper before it retired and got to see her room, the teaching class rooms and eat in the dining room.

Thus, I look forward to diving it and seeing if I can see any of those areas. Great that is is in Texas waters and is at a easy dive-able level.

bethnsting music to my ears you will be able to dive those places and I hope you take a few photo's The clipper was the home to many cadets and it is my intent to make that experience available to you and future generations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom