Texas Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetCell

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, I spent the morning working on my boat and then stopped at the convenience store in the heart of the bustling metropolis of "Sabine Pass." I am new to SP as I just bought a boat and have just today slipped it into a slip at the SPPA Marina.

Anyway, a guy at the store came in (must have been local) and told the clerk that the water was incredibly blue and clear such that he and his fishing buddies could see the fish underwater. I said, "So how far out did you have to go for blue water?" and he said, it was just at the "Texas Jetties."

Can anyone help out and tell me what jetties he was talking about? Apparently there are many jetties in Tejas.

Why didn't you ask him?

Sabine pass has two jetty's one on the Louisiana side and one on the texas side. Very rare to have blue water in that close especially after the rain last week in the sabine neches watershed. Suggest you get in that boat and check it out.

If there is good vis at the Sabine jetty's, I wouldn't pass up that opportunity to go see it. Such a rare occurrence as to be unbelievable.

Sabine pass has two jetty's one on the Louisiana side and one on the texas side. Very rare to have blue water in that close especially after the rain last week in the sabine neches watershed. Suggest you get in that boat and check it out.

Yep, I asked last night and was told that there is a LA side and TX side. Went out this morning, incredible.

Yep, I asked last night and was told that there is a LA side and TX side. Went out this morning, incredible.

Can you share viz/temps, etc? I am not familiar with the area - curious if it is worth the trek from Houston. Are the jetties easily shore accessible?

Can you share viz/temps, etc? I am not familiar with the area - curious if it is worth the trek from Houston. Are the jetties easily shore accessible?

Water temp is low 80's; viz was 20'; you cannot get to the end of the jetties from land. On the Tejas side, you can drive down Jetty Road to Pilot Station from Sabine Pass, but that does not get you out to the end of the jetty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom