Thai IDC's (or other recommendations)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go for it .. you will not regret becoming an instructor ... but keep in mind if you teach in States or the Caribe you will need liability insurance , you can always choose to be in non-teaching status ... Thailand is a wonderful place to do your IDC

Thanks for the positive words all! I did it, bought my tickets to Bankok and will leave the end of June after my finals and I have packed up all my stuff for a move across town when I get back (phew)! But I will arrive in Thailand on my birthday and I figure becoming an instructor and a summer in Thailand will be a great gift to myself even if I don't get to teach much.

I think I will be going with Dive Asia. Can hardly wait. Any advice on either getting there or on preparing for the IDC (remembering the fact I have way too many tests for school right now)?

Underwaterdent

Get your theory sorted.
The majority of people fail on the 5 exams and the Standards exam.
Do a little every day of this. See if you can find the "old" divemaster exams.
Also I hate to say it, but the majority of the teaching in Thailand is done in metric.
You can get imperial exams, but if you teach in Thailand, you will have to look at "converting" and coming over to the dark side!
Getting to Dive Asia is quite simple ... but it depends on where you are flying in to ...
If its Bangkok, then you can either fly or take the bus to Phuket, and then from there, if I remember rightly, you can get a bus from Phuket town, or a minibus from the airport.
You want to get to Kata ...
Send them an email, and they will surely advise the best way.
I am sooooooo jealous.
Have fun

Greetings all

Just joined this board and found my name there.I know this is late but wanted to let anyone know that I will be happy to chat about IDC's anytime.Jaime(Batfish??),good to hear from you.I can be reached at info@planet-scuba.net or just mail me here.

Jim Hutchinson

Hi Jim,

Hope to see you sometime, but too darn busy and paying too many bills. Of course you know Steve & Fran will be here next week. Steve says he hasn't dived for about 6 years! Maybe I can drag him out for a scuba review. How's turtle island treating you?

Oh, and yes I am Batfish, or was - changed my name to protect the innocent.

Cheers,

Jamie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom