Thailand...WTF?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to Limbo, Wingy and others, the issues don't seem to be affecting tourism or diving much. Thats a good thing and good information for those considering a dive trip to Thailand.

Business as usual in Thailand. Just booked a wknd getaway to Krabi despite dismays from folks back at home. LOL.

As I see no update here for over a week .. here's an update. I think the phrase "Thailand WTF?" could apply at any time, coup or not. I am not going to offer my opinion on the coup, but (clue) my opinion would agree with most others in my home province. The curfew has now been 100% lifted in most parts of the country (not Bangkok). Anywhere a diver might go (Phuket, Pattaya, Samui, Koh Tao, Koh Pha Ngan, Trang, Lipe, Chang, Lanta, Phi Phi, Krabi ...) is 100% normal. I'm in Phuket with my family. Normal daily life is the same as before the coup. No problems at all. Now, please book some diving, I got kids to feed, man!

Full Moon party went off this weekend and curfew relaxed.....a political coup Thai style...only thing ive heard that's interfered with anything this weekend was a storm around the tourist southern destinations.

Count yourself very lucky that you live in the U.S. where we may have a contentious political system, but have not had to deal with a coup as are the people in Thailand.

Maybe a coup in the US would straighten out their political issues!?! 55555555 Yeah right!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom