Thank you Chicago!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Land Locked

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Thank God for lineman from Chicago! We have been without power for 3 1/2 days. I made my way to Walmart for some much needed batteries and candles this morning, the Chicago lineman were staging there at 9 this morning. We got power back around 45 minutes ago, one of them knocked at the front door to make sure everything was O.K. and to let us know power was restored. It has been some very LONG frigid nights here lately, trying times for a million people without power.

Thank you to all neighboring states for your support in these desperate times!

Glad you're back on.
Did the groundhog see his shadow ?:shocked2:

I am glad that you like the lineman from Chicago. At least someone has somethign good to say aobut Illinois these days.

Just so you know, when I last lost power, I was out for 3 weeks because most of the the "lineman" from Chicago were on Strike. I can only guess what the Kentucky Power company is paying them. At least I lost power in the summer, I am certain our governor (insert snicker here) would have forced them back to work if it was winter.

Hopefully while they are here working 16 hour shifts; they will spend some of that OT$$$ money to stimulate the economy!

I know this storm has put a dent in my savings account, I call it forced stimulus.

You have a governor? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom