Thank you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newbiesam

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just want to thank all the posters here. I have been reading all the posts that pertain to new divers and boy did I learn a lot. I have not been much of a water person, but my husband talked me into a Naui dive course. I was terribly afraid of OW, but reading the posts really gave me great tips and made me feel a lot better. I took my first 3 dives today and was the only person who didnt panic or have problems. Thanks again to everyone who posts.:D

newbiesam:
I just want to thank all the posters here. I have been reading all the posts that pertain to new divers and boy did I learn a lot. I have not been much of a water person, but my husband talked me into a NAUI dive course. I was terribly afraid of OW, but reading the posts really gave me great tips and made me feel a lot better. I took my first 3 dives today and was the only person who didn't panic or have problems. Thanks again to everyone who posts.:D

Congratulations on the panic-free dives.

I will be doing my check-outs for NAUI Rescue and NAUI Master Diver diver this coming Memorial Day weekend.

I have also learned a lot from just reading postings here.

You should be aware that your "newbie" questions benefit everyone. Those questions make us all think and we all benefit from the answers provided by people with a wide range of diving experiences.

There are people on this board that have more diving knowledge and experience now than I will have by the time I get too old dive anymore.

In addition to working as a professional software developer/architect I have also been teaching computer programming (evenings) at a community college since 1989.

I tell my students the first night of class that there has never been a semester that I have not learned at least one thing directly or indirectly from my students questions and experiences. In other words, the only stupid questions are the ones they fail to ask about.

Rule # 1 - There are no stupid questions.
Rule # 2 - If you think your question is a stupid question refer to rule # 1.

Sorry for the long-winded reply but keep asking the questions. It is those questions and the replies to those questions that make ScubaBoard such a valuable resource.

Congratulations on those first dives. Be sure to fill you loge with what you saw, felt and did it will be a great keep sake. A log without that stuff has no soul.

2 years ago I was in your booties and this has been a great resource for me as well.

Pete

Congratulations on completing your first dives! It's really fun underwater, isn't it!

Soon you'll start having your own experiences and posting here to help others too.

Enjoy your diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom