Thanks for reply, but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NadMat

DIMWIT Swamper ;)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
TUSA:
Hi Nadmat-
As has previously been discussed in your original question, the software was released when the IQ-800 was released in 2004, unfortunately, the computer and software is not planned for update. A new model will be released in April 2009 with new software that will be reverse compatible and will function with the IQ-800. It is by no means a lack of service/support by TUSA, but a worldwide coordination effort with vendors that often takes longer than anticipated. Our apologies for the delay.

Thanks for your reply, but why did you close the thread? Am I correct in assuming from your reply that when your next model is released in april of next year that the software for it will be available for current PClogbook users to download to replace their current buggy software? Hopefully it will be out before I start loosing data from first dives.

I also hope that the time it is taking to get released is due to extensive testing of software with all compatible dive computers and all settings. I am willing to beta test for you if that would help. I will be severely disappointed if new software is released with as many obvious bugs as the PClogbook had.

And also, in original thread, you stated
Hi NadMat-
Thanks again for the information. We have passed along this and previous info and are awaiting software update information and/or patches.

Once again, I love my IQ-800(Sapience) DC and have recommended it to others because of that, but would rather not have to add "but if you want to download, there are issues with the current dive log software available from TUSA.' to my recommendations. I look forward to the April release of new software and to many more dives with my IQ.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom