Thanks to everyone on this board, I've made decisions on what gear to buy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Viper75

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been reading on and off for months now, without participating on these boards. I didn't want to be the guy who just asks "What gear should I buy", without doing lots of research first. Unfortunately, there's so much out there, and everyone has their own opinion, so it's been tough trying to narrow down choices.

Anyhow, being from Calgary, AB, Canada, I need equipment that will perform well in cold water (with the potential for ice diving one day in the future). However, I take at least one hot destination vacation every year, so my gear has to be good for all possible conditions. Based on all the reading I've done on the boards, and my budget (or debt I'm about to take on), I've decided on the following:

Computer: Suunto Vyper.

BCD: Zeagle Ranger or Ranger LTD

Regulator: Apeks (still not 100% decided on exact model of choice yet). The gal at the dive shop has really been pushing the Oceanic Delta 3, saying it's a great reg, but doing a search on these boards comes up with little to no information.

Drysuit: Bare ATR HD (not going to buy this for another month or so as I don't need it for my 2.5 week vacation to Cancun/Cozamel coming up next week).

Thanks again to everyone who (unknowingly) helped me in my research and decision making process. This board has been an invaluable resource!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom