That old Pattaya question again...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But ask yourself if this had been posted by someone unaffliated with any shop whether you would have deemed it useful or not ?
But it wasn't though was it?

It seems to me that the poster is quite interested in putting others down - be it simply people who gave answers according to their view point, or potential competitors. One guy even gave the OP a promise of contact help to a company....only to have that company simply dissed in public.

You may draw your own conclusions, but speaking for myself, simply as a result of what I've just read here, I wouldn't go anywhere near Aquanuats now. YMMV.

Whatever you do Zab, I truly hope it works out for you and you find what you need! :wink:

And how do we know this info is the gospel?.....

How do you know anything you read on Scubaboard is "the gospel"? Aquanauts is happy to put their name behind their posts, when it would be easy to hide behind false aliases.

kim:
But it wasn't though was it?

It seems to me that the poster is quite interested in putting others down - be it simply people who gave answers according to their view point, or potential competitors. One guy even gave the OP a promise of contact help to a company....only to have that company simply dissed in public.

You may draw your own conclusions, but speaking for myself, simply as a result of what I've just read here, I wouldn't go anywhere near Aquanuats. YMMV.

I see a company being straightforward. Let them lie or dive by the information they provide - would you take the risk of publishing blatantly false info if you were running a dive shop? As I said, they could easily register other ID's and have them publish recommendations if they so desired.

Let them lie or dive by the information they provide ......
I'm sure they will. :wink:
As I said, they could easily register other ID's and have them publish recommendations if they so desired.
Actually they can't. The Mods are quite proficient at tracking people who register accounts for use in this way.

Like I said....YMMV. You see it as straightforward...fair enough. I don't. I've heard the "We're better than everybody else", so much in my life that I'm afraid my BS meter starts running so high that whoever pushed the button needs to REALLY work hard to get it to subside. But maybe that's just me.

I'm sure everyone can make up their own minds. It's really not the first time we've seen stuff like this here. I'm quite sure a judicial use of the search function will glean enough extra information to put it into perspective. :wink:

I have seen Aquanauts post before also. As I said, they are giving the information and letting others decide how to judge it. They are not trying to hide the souce of the information as coming from them.

For using shadow accounts, it is pretty easy to register accounts with different ISPs, or even get your mates in a different country to do it... whack on a fake post in the Intro section, reply to a few topics and then sleep for a while until needed.

Maybe this is slightly harder than registering an account then posting on Day 1 in a dive shop wars thread from an ISP of a known protagonist but really it doesn't take a rocket scientist to circumvent it.

For using shadow accounts, it is pretty easy to register accounts with different ISPs, or even get your mates in a different country to do it... whack on a fake post in the Intro section, reply to a few topics and then sleep for a while until needed.

Maybe this is slightly harder than registering an account then posting on Day 1 in a dive shop wars thread from an ISP of a known protagonist but really it doesn't take a rocket scientist to circumvent it.
LOL.......yes I know you CAN do it......if you go to all that trouble! It's not easy though and you need a clean start for every single new account. Then there's the question of your post content......
It's quickly obvious unless you're VERY good at it - and even then mostly a question of time. Get caught at a game like this and I'd expect you'd be history! :wink:
It really would do zilch for your rep on the board even if you were allowed to stay.

Believe me......seriously......it's a non-starter.

Anyway - I personally think that if anyone else started posting "facts & figures" about Aquanauts, they'd probably also be pretty miffed. If they're not then I'd be real interested to hear stuff like their mark-ups, follow on histories from all their IDC graduates, you know - how to make money in business but disclosing exactly what you did, and do!! :rofl3:

LOL.......yes I know you CAN do it......

LOL.. then please don't "correct" me like you did earlier in the thread by saying

Actually they can't.

Can and can't are direct opposites and you changed your mind in the space of a few minutes.

Anyway, this is a side issue.

Anyway - I personally think that if anyone else started posting "facts & figures" about Aquanauts, they'd probably also be pretty miffed. If they're not then I'd be real interested to hear stuff like their mark-ups, follow on histories from all their IDC graduates, you know - how to make money in business but disclosing exactly what you did, and do!! :rofl3:

It's free speech dude. You can post what you like as long as you don't break the forum guidelines and you are prepared to back up your assertions.

I think it is far more credible posting your viewpoint if you make your name and interest 100% clear, and that is exactly what Aquanauts have done. They are not trying to hide behind forum aliases or spread any mis-information in any deceitful way.

They have been 100% clear who they are and what their interest is in this matter, and anyone reading the thread can see that and judge it in that context.

LOL.. then please don't "correct" me like you did earlier in the thread by saying
No - I pointed out that it wasn't so easy as you first said. And it isn't. :D

I didn't change what I said....you did! :wink: People CAN do stuff if they go to a lot of effort....different ISPs....different countries....all the stuff you later mentioned!

As for the rest - being one of the people obviously attacked for suggesting to someone with 25 dives that more experience might lead automatically to the answer to his original question, and reading about people being described as "dive snobs" etc, you can hardly expect me to be sympathetic now! :blinking:

Oh....and by the way.....personal attacks (as contained in that post) are most definitely against the TOS here. It's NOT free speech. It's a private board with rules of behavior. It's not just somewhere you can sling mud and hope some of it sticks.

No - I pointed out that it wasn't so easy as you first said.

Easy is subjective. For me, registering a few IDs that might take 5 hours work over a few weeks isn't what I would call hard. Especially if could use them to generate one or two referrals to a dive shop that would earn several thousands dollars in sales and DM labour. I guess we have different perspectives.

Oh....and by the way.....personal attacks (as contained in that post) are most definitely against the TOS here. It's NOT free speech. It's a private board with rules of behavior. It's not just somewhere you can sling mud and hope some of it sticks.

Report it then. I don't think it is personal in any way shape or form and if you are right a current moderator will fix it up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom