The 1st Debate.......... Wadayou think ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well.......... neither one said that they would impose anything that would prevent us from Scuba Diving.

Berry never has said if he knows how to swim and we all know that John would find that hard to do as well so .......

.....Who are you voting for?

I watched it in its entirely and thought it was pretty much a draw.

I watched it.......did I mention that I saw it. :eyebrow:

One thing is for sure - no matter what happens... its going to be interesting. I am not and have never been an Obama fan - I can say that I am impressed by his communication skills - he is a heck of a speaker. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt yet still dont see eye to eye on his stances. The bad thing is that McCain seems as if he is not as strong a cantidate as I hoped he would be. Hopefully he is pacing himself and doesnt want to peak too soon.... he better put the full court press on quick before the Obama machine washes him out. I still can't figure out the Palin pick... I have heard of some of the things she has done for the residents in AK and everyone I know (have family in Fairbanks) doesnt have a bad thing to say about her. They say that she fought for them as Gov'ner and that she is good to go so I am on board with her too. I added some Palin facts at the bottom of this post. I found it interesting.

I hope McCain pulls this one out.... coming from a gun carrying, hunting, fishing, combat veteran, police officer, firefighter, medic & ditch diver - he gets my vote.

Don't dismiss the fact that Sarah Palin is Commander of the Alaska National
Guard-- consider this.

Alaska is the first line of defense in our missile interceptor defense
system. The 49th Missile Defense Battalion of the Alaska National Guard is
the unit that protects the entire nation from ballistic missile attacks.
It’s on permanent active duty, unlike other Guard units.

As governor of Alaska , Palin is briefed on highly classified military
issues, homeland security, and counterterrorism. Her exposure to classified
material may rival even Biden's and certainly by far exceeds Obama's.

She's also the commander in chief of the Alaska State Defense Force (ASDF),
a federally recognized militia incorporated into Homeland Security's
counterterrorism plans.

Palin is privy to military and intelligence secrets that are vital to the
entire country's defense. Given Alaska 's proximity to Russia , she may have
security clearances we don't even know about.

According to the Washington Post, she first met with McCain in February, but
nobody ever found out. This is a woman used to keeping secrets.

She can be entrusted with our national security, because she already is.

I heard on National Public Radio that in between the two groups who will vote for Obama and McCain no matter what, is the largest group of undecided voters in election history. Count me in the middle group. Tonight was VERY interesting.

The world is teetering on the precipice of the largest shift in economic power since just before the start of World War II. The posturing of the petro dollar producer and consumer countries is ominous. Although the easy focus is on the Middle East, Russia could easily become the 1930's expansionist Germany of today in an effort to restore the former USSR and the lost oil resources in the breakup. World conflict? It's possible you ain't seen nuttin' yet.

Our economic problems? Oil is just part of that equation. Shortsighted greed on many, many levels is another factor; as is a pass-fail, unscientific, rudderless educational system. Healthcare is a matter of the haves and have-nots. Jobs and homes could easily disappear tomorrow as production continues to shift overseas and consumption falls at home while growing abroad.

Education, healthcare, energy, the economy, world conflict, and my ability to scuba dive freely throughout the world are what I'm weighing when I decide who is best capable of handling the future. After tonight's debate I'm still undecided, but I feel a little more informed about the personalities and depth of knowledge of two men running for President.

As they have said.... they cannot attack us from the outside.... so they will destroy us from within.

Becareful ... cus its already happening.

Housing failure
Bank Failure
healthcare failure
Energy failure

Now throw a pacifist in for President and Commander in Chief.... stick a fork in ... we're done!

I recall Gerald Ford asserting that Poland would be surprised to learn it was in the Soviet sphere of influence, so we have come a long way. Whatever you think about their politics, both these guys at least gave the appearance that they knew something about world events.

As debates go, in terms of grandstanding, potshots and soundbites versus substantive comments, I thought it was well above average. I thought McCain did a bit better, but not decisively so, and Obama needed only to avoid embarrassment or gaffes, which he did.

Oh, and one more thing...if Obama wants to dispel all rumors about his religious persuasion, he should quit pronouncing Pakistan as if he went to the Bin laden school of diction.

:popcorn:
Hey you know what? For ONCE, I may just keep my mouth shut.
Flame on........:flame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom