The 1st SB Phil. Paradise Divers Dive-O-Rama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
ok... now i'm a tad confused...

so what is "tech" and what is "not tech"?

Jag

There are SCUBA dives

1. Recreational SCUBA - easy FUN DIVES with absolute limit of 130ft.

2. Commercial - WORK generally requiring decompression for DAys after long hours at deep and inhospitable conditions.

3. Techical SCUBA - dive requiring additional training skills in use of Special Equipment and procedures.

The FUNCTION of the equipment would determine the type of diving.

Type of diving = necessary equipment needed

In the US, a commercial dive is simply one where the diver gets paid to do something while diving. It doesn't necessarily have to be deep or dangerous but the diver or his/her employer is expected to have various types of insurance and the training/government oversight can be a bit more intense. The phrase "OSHA violation" can send shivers down the spine of a small businessperson.

I guess another definition could be that commercial diving is under conditions where a sane person wouldn't want to do it for free. Someone employed collecting golf balls would be a commercial diver. Think of the pesticides/herbicides/fertilizers, the muck, the entanglement chance and the reptiles that live in those ponds, like snakes and gators.

A salvage dive would also be commercial if the diver were paid, no matter what the depth or visibility.

Spoon:
great! any day before the actual dive-o-rama on the 24th is good. im just looking for more excuses to dive! so whoever is in for a mini dive-o-rama please reply:

so far:

caloy
carlo

caloy
carlo
jon

@carlo: caloy texted me but i didn't have access, cool idea para di tayo maligaw hehehe...won't be available 'till after the first week of september though

@paolo: diver's point rents out bc's?

@halthron: don't you miss the sea already? nice :D

jonix:
caloy
carlo
jon

@carlo: caloy texted me but i didn't have access, cool idea para di tayo maligaw hehehe...won't be available 'till after the first week of september though

im fine first week after september, basta dive tayo!

jonix:
caloy
carlo
jon

yes They do rent out gears as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom