The 1st SB Phil. Paradise Divers Dive-O-Rama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Axua:
Can someone make the details of the Dive-o-rama a sticky please? It looks like its already buried deep into this thread.
Sure.... are you asking for this thread to be stuck?

If you want just the details stuck, make a new thread with those, PM me the link and I'll stick it for you.

Snowbear

1st SB Philippine Paradise Divers Dive-O-Rama

Sept. 23 AOW for Jonix (free beers for PPD with DOR T-shirts heheheh)
Sept. 24 We would do clean-up more on COTs harvest.

jonix:
1. jonix: overnight, sept 23-24
2. clgsamson + wife: overnight, sept 23-24
3. matthew: sept 23-24 (depende sa beer :D )
4. paolo: for sure
5. spoon + monique: sept 24
6. jag + 3 total 4 pax: sept 24
7. iris ?
8. chip: sept 24

will be held at www.portulano.com
for directions check the link and search for the directions ...... hehehhehe
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=104912

the guy in the banner is PHIL by Mo2vation and adopted by PPD (http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=1261596&postcount=7)
Banner and T-shirt Art design by Jag !!!!

sir paolo, kasama po ako sa 24... :happywave

hey guys!, tentatively PPD-SB dive plans are -

Sept. 23 night dive - coral garden (Paolo's recom)
Sept. 24 SB Dive - Dive 1 Pinnacle (Matthew's recom and concurred by Paolo)
Dive 2 Clean up (don't know where, house reef?)
Dive 3 kayo nalang kc uwi na ako. :10:

Yup, time flies. Still remember there were a lot of discussion on this coming SB dive last July (where, how many dives, what resort etc.) and I imagine that it will be a lot busier (post wise) this week.

Jag, yung adobong gata ng kumander mo! Dalin mo!

Konting pampagana mga kapatid :D

clgsamson:
hey guys!, tentatively PPD-SB dive plans are -

Sept. 23 night dive - coral garden (Paolo's recom)
Sept. 24 SB Dive - Dive 1 Pinnacle (Matthew's recom and concurred by Paolo)
Dive 2 Clean up (don't know where, house reef?)
Dive 3 kayo nalang kc uwi na ako. :10:

Yup, time flies. Still remember there were a lot of discussion on this coming SB dive last July (where, how many dives, what resort etc.) and I imagine that it will be a lot busier (post wise) this week.

Jag, yung adobong gata ng kumander mo! Dalin mo!

Konting pampagana mga kapatid :D

once again nice photos, i never have any luck shooting those fish:)

Spoon:
once again nice photos, i never have any luck shooting those fish:)
On a reef, be lazy and look around. When you spot a fish or creature just slowly glide in, if you're coming in fast the water you are displacing will naturally hit the creature, thus scaring it away (syemps excited pag tinuro; aren't we all). It will come bro and sooner or later you'll wish you had a bigger CF card!

clgsamson:
On a reef, be lazy and look around. When you spot a fish or creature just slowly glide in, if you're coming in fast the water you are displacing will naturally hit the creature, thus scaring it away (syemps excited pag tinuro; aren't we all). It will come bro and sooner or later you'll wish you had a bigger CF card!

how far were you from those shots? are you using telephoto or widest angle? also when using your wide angle, how close do you get to the subject?

how far? probably half or an arm's length. Once you see that green square indicator light in your LCD, shoot! Sometimes its ok to shoot in 3s with one press (its in the manual), that way you capture 3 pix at different "poses" i.e. eel's mouth is open, mouth is closed, eel is facing you (winking?) or not.

Not using telephoto lens bro, not just yet. I've set my eyes on an inon lens uwl 100 wide angle and ucl 165 M67 closed up lens coupled with an Inon M67 adaptor (ADDC 900) for the canon housing. Mga 25k halos bro, wala pa strobe. My priority is the wide angle lens and adaptor though.

Back
Top Bottom