The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a photo of my new tattoo just minutes after it was completed...at least as much as I could stand. I will have to go back and get the red and white of the dive flag filled in more but I just couldn't take it anymore. I have several other, non dive related tattoo's on my arms however this tattoo on the ankle hurt like none other. I'll post it again when it is totally completed.

DSC03969-vi.jpg

Here hey are. Not dive related but meaningful none the less

tattoo%201.jpg

Tat2.jpg

Question, I am thinking about getting another tattoo when I am in Bankok. Does anyone have an idea on how long I should wait before going scuba diving? I was going to get a tattoo on my second day in Bankok but I have dives planned 9 days later in Phuket... any advise? I want to get a quarter sleeve...

I've been advised to wait a minimum of 2 weeks (14 days). Had mine done in the off season. Why Bankok? I'd think shops in the US would be more sterile (of course, I always check for their most recent spore test).

any time a wound has not completely healed, water can dissolve the scab (whole or partially). This can lead to inflammation and infection. If the tattoo gets infected, do not expect the same image when the infection subsides! Let it heal. If you must get it wet, place a teg-a-derm over the tatt to keep water off or it. I dont recommend that, just a if you have to thing

Thanks everone for you advise.. I will wait to get the tattoo after my last dive in Phuket.... Checked out the shops and they have the same sterile standards as the states...

Have went and done it. Mentioned a while back i was looking for a tattoo, now have one and thinking about my next one. Interesting experience but worth it as far as i am concerned. Check out my Avatar for how it looks.

How about a larger pic?

:D I got you all beat.

I got a tat of my dive puter! Never have to dive with a puter or tables no more.:freak:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom