The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a blue shark on my left back/hip/slightly above the cheek and I hope to make an underwater scene in that general area. I got it when I was 18 because I'd wanted it since I was 15 but the 'rents wouldn't sign for me. I chose the design and location very carefully. Design: I think blue sharks are the most beautiful animal in the world, Location: I knew what sort of career I was going to have before I was 18 so my "tattoo zone" is limited to "areas-never-to-be-seen-in-a-professional-setting" which means the tats must be invisible when wearing an elegant evening dress and when wearing a modest skirt and short-sleeved blouse to the office since these would be the most revealing outfits required in my field. I like my tattoo and it is there for my benefit so I frankly don't care if other people can't see it.

I am getting a tattoo this week I have two already Flag and an Eagle. I am getting the out line of West Virginia it will be red with the white stripe through it(Dive Flag), it will be on my right calf.

Hey guys and gals, I'm new to posting to this board and I love seeing how many tattoo lovers are out there in the dive community. I am a Tattoo artist and own three studios in Georgia and Florida, and if you want to see jaws drop on a dive boat, just wait until I start getting suited up. I've been tattooed over hundred times and I am to say the least, a very colorful individual. I have always received a friendly welcome wherever I go though, especially once the others get to know me a little.
I love tattooing dive related tattoos and underwater scenes. You can follow this link to see some of my favorites.
http://beyondtabootattoo.com/rat_gallery.htm
Any of you interested in tattoos or with tattoo related questions, feel free to PM me and I will be glad to help you out. I have been tattooing for over 25 years so I can usually be of some help.
Well on now to some dive chat.

I have had that idea for a Tattoo for some time, Finally i get to see what it would look like I LOVE IT!!!

I have a design in my head of a great white with a divers ripped off "wetsuited" arm in its mouth, holding a dive flag high. That should be the idea behind it but cant exactly picture it but will get to that. The reason for this is I love diving so much that I would not care dying by the jaws of a shark of any other dive related injury. To me it is a symbol of total dedication to the sport and a "way of living".

The problem is that I am looking for a powerfull phrase to go with the tattoo that will compliment it and explains how I feel about diving, kind of "capture the significance" of the tattoo and my love for the sea.

Can you help? Maybe you can also surgest in the design of the tattoo... what would work and would not.

sucker4scuba:
I have a design in my head of a great white with a divers ripped off "wetsuited" arm in its mouth, holding a dive flag high.

I understand what you're saying, but IMHO, this as a tattoo, just reinforces the stereotype of sharks as vicious killers and that's wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom