The annual Avalon underwater cleanup on February 23, 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CatalinaScubaLuver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Catalina Scuba Luv is "Cleanup Headquarters" for The annual Avalon underwater cleanup on February 23, 2013
We are offering a package for divers that includes a boat dive the day after.

Cleanup package includes:

Round trip via Catalina Express.
Hotel accommodations for 2 nights at Pavilion Hotel (all newly renovated)
One day of boat diving (includes tanks, weights, lunch, airfills, and continental breakfast.
Gear transportation between dive boat and hotel
$395 pp based on double occupancy.
Call us at 310-510-2350
Or
for more info, go to www.ccd.org

As a thank you for cleaning up the harbor on Saturday, let us take you to some remote dive spots on Sunday. Standard packages also available.

Avalon-Harbor-Clean-up2010.jpg

Last edited:
This event has been such a success, both as a fund raiser for the Catalina Chamber and in cleaning up Avalon Bay (and this year, Lover's Cove). In fact, last time I dove it I was quite impressed with how clean the harbor was after a year of boaters moored there.

Catalina Scuba Luv is "Cleanup Headquarters" for The annual Avalon underwater cleanup on February 23, 2013
We are offering a package for divers that includes a boat dive the day after.

Cleanup package includes:

Round trip via Catalina Express. Going out Friday night, coming back Sunday?
Hotel accommodations for 2 nights at Pavilion Hotel (all newly renovated) Friday and Saturday?
One day of boat diving (includes tanks, weights, lunch, airfills, and continental breakfast. This is Sunday?
Gear transportation between dive boat and hotel What about between the hotel and the cleanup site on Saturday? Are tanks included for Saturday?
$395 pp based on double occupancy. Will you be setting up roommates?
Call us at 310-510-2350
Or
for more info, go to www.ccd.org

As a thank you for cleaning up the harbor on Saturday, let us take you to some remote dive spots on Sunday. Standard packages also available.

View attachment 142273

I've not seen how one of these things works, so I look forward to hearing about it. No, I haven't hit the website yet.

Round trip via Catalina Express. Going out Friday night, coming back Sunday? Yes.
Hotel accommodations for 2 nights at Pavilion Hotel (all newly renovated)Friday and Saturday? Yes
One day of boat diving (includes tanks, weights, lunch, airfills, and continental breakfast. This is Sunday? Yes
Gear transportation between dive boat and hotel What about between the hotel and the cleanup site on Saturday? Are tanks included for Saturday? The hotel is directly across from the water. The town of Avalon is One square mile, with the majority of the hotels near the water. Tanks are not included.
$395 pp based on double occupancy. Will you be setting up roommates? No.

From where do we get tanks for the Saturday cleanup, then? I am guessing we need to reserve in advance?

Or, I guess I could bring my own . . . . :hm: Is there a place that will fill HP tanks? (beyond 3000psi)

Rooms - they do have two beds available? Does someone want to share?

This is for planning purposes only . . . . I am not yet committed.

From where do we get tanks for the Saturday cleanup, then? I am guessing we need to reserve in advance?

Or, I guess I could bring my own . . . . :hm: Is there a place that will fill HP tanks? (beyond 3000psi)

Rooms - they do have two beds available? Does someone want to share?

This is for planning purposes only . . . . I am not yet committed.

From the OP, Scuba Luv in Avalon.

Jax, see if Catalina Divers Supply will be operating the fill station at the dive park. Ive been diving after the cleanup (and probably will again this year) and have been able to get full HP fills there. DO make sure you bring your C-card and your hydro and viz is up to date- they check.

Jax, and for anyone else who is thinking about coming over.
CDS will be open at the point and the pier to fill and rent tanks. You MUST, call and reserve a tank with them if you plan on renting from CDS during this event. (This is the only time they request you call to reserve)
We, at Catalina Scuba Luv, are not taking reservations for tank rentals (1st come first served)
CDS and Scuba Luv can fill HP bottles!:D
Scuba Luv's number 310-510-2350..... CDS 310-510-0330
We hope to see you here.

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom