The Benefits you get from DIVING??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What would you be doing if not diving?

What I get out of diving -

this incredible feeling of awe and wonder as I "glide" along over the reef - being able to be "weightless" and just suspend over the reef is an incredible feeling - too cool!

If I'm not diving, besides working to support my diving and taking care of my daughter, I spend a great deal of time trying to figure out when and where I'm diving next. :)

What do I get out of diving ?

simply put and in one word,

Life !

Dive safe and have a good time !

well everything I read so far! I think I can best describe it as:...there is outer space and diving is inner space, rather it be wreck diving, or reef diving or just a check out dive; what an awesome feeling to lay on your back in perfect neutral bouyancy in the water suspended there not going up or down and just looking at the bubbles floating to the surface. Awesome feeling! (gees I think I just had a moment, I havent had a dive since last dive season and right now the water is freezin)!:(

Brothers & Sisters of the U/W Realm,

How much less an open mind were I to not have been there.

Regards,
Lance Gothic
Shibumi

Rick - FYI. A former dive buddy with arthritis also reported relief following dives. The effect seemed to be more than just that associated with exercise. My conjecture was that the pressure was the operative force. Perhaps our venerable diving docs could opine?

I think the best part of diving has been said several times over: peace & quiet, weightlessness, adventure and exploring. I really like diving and hearing nothing but your reg & bubbles...... its so relaxing!:cool:

my friends claimed I lost weight after my last dive trip, even though I totally gorged on those surface interval buffets! It's cardio, it's weight training, it's cool - what better exercise can there be?!

=-)

This may not be the place for this, but how many dives do you have to make .Before it becomes fun and relaxing?

But I do enjoy it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom