The Best Titanium Knife Under $100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the only part of this forum that I can confidently post in. You should checkout the Spyderco Caspian Salt. I've been sick at home for the past two weeks and I looked at so many knives before I got this one a few days ago. My criteria were good material and good sheath. Titanium is obviously the best material, but I had faith in spydercos choice of H1 steel. Additionally, the knife doesn't need to be taken apart to clean (theres nowhere on the handle that any dirt could really build up...I don't think water een gets in between the plastic and metal of the handle). Size is perfect for me, its sort of bigger than a bc knife, but you could easily strap it to a waist or should strap. Lastly, and most importantly is the sheath. Thensheath uses the (insert famous knife makers name here) hole to secure the knife. I don't have much experience with other dive knives, but the two or three that I have examined have the lamest sheaths...you either simply yank on the knife or you depress two very loose tabs that hold e knife in place by the hilt to unsheathe. I didn't want my knife to move at all when sheathed, and these style sheathes allowed the blade to wiggle. Eek. Keep in mind that plastic slides on metal easier under water too.

You can find the knife for under 70 bucks. Blunt or pointed. I'll be posting a somewhat more formal review under a new thread soon.

Sorry for all the typos, I'm on a wonky device.

I'm new here by the way. Hello!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom