Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Oceanic

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • other

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDI

Artificer of Havoc & Kaos
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
:doctor:

Lets see what the pollsters say select your brand of reg?

Will it be Apeks? Scubapro? Zeagle? Poseidon? Dacor? USD? Seaquest? Sherwood? Genesis? Mares?Oceanic? DiveRite? Cressisub? Beauchat?, Nemrod? Apollo? Healthways? Prosub? Tusa?Seatec? Idi? or another brand?

I really think you should have a Zeagle/Apeks option since they are basically the same reg. I am a Zeagle Flathead VI user who also owns an Apeks atx200, I just happen to like the Zeagle better, although I wouldn't hesitate to use either one for any dive!

Why wont it let me vote, it keeps telling me that ihave an invalid session or something like that and says to try again, but it still wont let me. Oh well, Zeagle, Zeagle, Zeagle

IMO, if you have the money, buy Poseidon, any model, but i prefer the Odin or Thor if they still make it.

Have used top models of ScubaPro, Mares, Oceanic, Atomic and Apeks and nothing put out the volume of air if needed like my Odin or Thor. The rubber cold water kits are a little cheesy and don't last long, the only downside i've found for the Poseidons.

I've got a new Apeks, and it is nice, and cheaper than the Poseidons, but does not come close to putting out the same volume of air. True that 99.9% of the time you shouldn't or won't need the added volume, but it's nice to cover the 0.1% if you can.

One other possible downside, although i've never experienced this, if the Poseidons freeflow, they will drain your tank(s) in a big hurry!

I’ve been doing this as a recreational diver for just over a year now. I bought the Maximus and have never noticed any shortage in performance. It delivers shallow. It delivers deep. It delivers upside-down. It fits comfortably and moves freely on the swivel. I haven’t tried any other brands, (haven’t had to) so my vote would go to Sherwood/Genesis.

I did buy a Zeagle for my bail-out bottle. But, as you can read above, I haven’t had to use it.

gedunk once bubbled...
IMO, if you have the money, buy Poseidon, any model, but I prefer the Odin or Thor if they still make it.

I used an Odin for several years, it performed extremely well. I now use Apeks, they perform well too. I agree that Poseidon is an excellent regulator but I would add one thing that folks should be careful of: be certain, before you buy one, that you have a local shop with the knowledge and parts to work on it.

Tom

WreckWriter once bubbled...

I used an Odin for several years, it performed extremely well. I now use Apeks, they perform well too. I agree that Poseidon is an excellent regulator but I would add one thing that folks should be careful of: be certain, before you buy one, that you have a local shop with the knowledge and parts to work on it.

Tom

They can be finnicky to repair & set up properly. The reg. tech. needs to be, lets say, mechanically handier on Poseidons, than with many other regs. If your LDS has too many big hammers in their reg. repair shop, consider another reg. Come to think of it, consider another LDS! :wink:

Good point.

Back
Top Bottom