The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have to have perfect trim and be very secure in your manhood to pull off a flowered tank, I totally make this work....

Chip_on_Tony.jpg

And believe it or not, Muggsy was nowhere to be found. :rofl3:

That video was taken on Sunday , which was a pretty good day for diving. Unfortunately for me, it was a bad day for my camera. My batteries croaked early into the third dive of the day, I think due to a charging error. I left my camera on the boat, and of course, the bull sharks start posing. In all honesty, I was too far to have gotten a good shot anyway. It would seem as though this shark had it's heart set on Far From Water, because it literally swam right up to him and smiled. Jeff took the shot and the curious shark took off, which Mindy managed to capture on video. We were just starting up, so I was about 15 feet off the reef and got a bird's eye view of the whole thing. The shark, after taking off made a large sweeping semi circle, and then dissolved into the blue. It was awesome. This particular dive was on Gazebo and Castle Ledge, and we met the shark at the very end of the second amphitheater of Castle. The previous dive was on the Captain Tony.

Conditions were calm in the morning and 2-3 in the afternoon. This was also true for Saturday's report. Visibility was about 40 feet or so.

nurse-1.jpg

I only got a picture of a nurse shark.

MindyTony.jpg

Here's AquaGirl2U on the Captain Tony working on her AOW. Nice trim Mindy!

We had an afternoon trip on Monday with a very nice couple from Vermont diving with us. The visibility was still sorta low for around here, maybe 35-45 feet depending on where on the reef we were.

The first spot was Black Condo. The current was fairly strong on this dive and to the north water temps were 78 degrees by my machine. The combination of the swift current and the long shutter lag on my 5050 caused problems for me again. I was getting pretty frustrated with the whole thing, tying to estimate what will be in the frame when the shutter finally trips, not only what the subject will be doing, but with the strong current, where on the reef I would be. Anyway, I got alot of fish butts, and then a miracle... I mashed the button, hoping to get a shot of a queen angelfish tucked up under a ledge, and not only did I guess right, but after I took the shot, another queen angelfish swam into the frame and lined up exactly opposite with the first one. What are the odds of that!

PairoQueens.jpg

The miracle. I was getting pretty frustrated.

During the surface interval, a pod of dolphins came by, and I hopped in with my mask and fins to try to get a picture. I got one, but it's only good enough to prove that we saw dolphins.

dolphins.jpg

Dolphins!
We finished up the trip down on Clubhouse, where we found a couple of loggerheads snoozing and a nurse shark munching on a slipper lobster. It was fun!

Diverandspades.jpg

One of the divers checking out a pair of spadefish.

I enjoyed the report and all the awesome pics - You folks rock!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom