The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

P1010013s.jpg

Now that's a good looking fellah.

Just another supermodel on the UWExplorer :)

Okay! Here's one more. We went back out int the afternoon, the water was about the same as it was in the morning, green layer on top, 80º-ish and 60' viz. Seas were about 2-3'. We found a curious nurse shark on Black Condo that circled us around for a while, maybe five minutes or so. He left and then a stingray took over for him and circled us for a good ten minutes or so. I don't know if someone stuck a bag of fish guts behind my backplate or if there is some kind of elasmobranch monitoring program going on, or what... but it was odd.

P1010083s.jpg

The curious nurse shark.

P1010021s-1.jpg

There were, of course... more turtles.

Monday brought similar water, but flat seas... and still more turtles.

P1010043s.jpg

Here you can see a pretty big loggerhead in the foreground, and a hawksbill directly in front of Jono on the right edge of the frame.

P1010047s.jpg

A pair of divers and a pair of French angelfish.

Kevin,

Thanks again from all of us from the Daytona Beach Dive Club on Saturday morning and afternoon. I don't know how else to get 5 hours of diving in 4 dives but with you. We really did have great vis and saw tons of sea critters.

Matt

Kevin,

Thanks again from all of us from the Daytona Beach Dive Club on Saturday morning and afternoon. I don't know how else to get 5 hours of diving in 4 dives but with you. We really did have great vis and saw tons of sea critters.

Matt

Hey thanks for coming Matt! You guys were a great bunch of divers!

The wind got in the way of most of our diving last weekend, we only managed to pull out one dive, and that was on Sunday afternoon. Seas were 2-3', the viz was a little off... maybe 40'. The sun was behind the clouds for most of the dive, and it was actually kinda dark down there. The current was moderate and to the north. We found a monster turtle, who was kinda curious. He stuck around long enough for me to take a couple of pictures.

turtle1-1.jpg

bigt.jpg

Have the temps warmed up lately? The last I saw in this thread was 80 degrees but I had an email today from my instructor who claims to be diving in a skin so I'm hoping for higher. :wink:

I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for your dive report from this weekend! Did you just throw the rebreathers in the drink at sunrise and come back at sunset to pick them up????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom