The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, that was like a night dive. Still had an awesome time.
icon14.gif

Man, open your eyes! No wonder you thought it was nighttime. :shakehead:

Yes, definitely a good time Kevin. Thanks!
I've never seen so many Goliaths in one place but my favorite part was watching ONESPEED trade in his spear gun for the video camera :D

Sure, sure... but that's old news! Didn't you know? Chip's gone green. Good job Chip!

Chiprev2.jpg

Fishing_Hurts.jpg

Yes, definitely a good time Kevin. Thanks!
I've never seen so many Goliaths in one place but my favorite part was watching ONESPEED trade in his spear gun for the video camera :D

I was wondering how long it was going to take before that got onto SB, lol.

It was very nice meeting you Chris.

Hey! The crappy vis officially ended last weekend, with a good hard blow from the east bringing us blue water. Unfortunately, it was blowing hard enough that our customers opted out of the Saturday morning trip, and we cancelled the Saturday afternoon trip, so the only picture I have from Saturday was from IHOP.

Alexcake.jpg

Since we didn't have a trip, Alex and I went to IHOP for breakfast. I ordered the Create-a-Cake
and decorated it to look like him. Realizing that my threat to post it on the internet was not an
empty one, he reaches to wrestle the camera away, but it's too late. Alex is the one in the background.

Sunday wasn't much better, seas wise. It started out 2-4, and got to be 3-5 by the second dive. Viz was 60 feet, and a moderate north current helped us along. Somehow I hosed all of my pictures from that day... Including one of the second black brotula I have ever seen in my life. He seemed to be cleaning a green moray.

I didn't go out on the afternoon trip because my dad was visiting, but they said that somehow the good viz disappeared, and by the last dive they were in 20' viz again.

Today, we had pretty close to 100 foot vis on Black Condo, and about 70' on Gazebo, and a pleasant slight north current on both dives. Water temp was 84º. Seas were 2-3'.

Stingray-2.jpg

There were a number of stingrays around. I don't know what they're up to.

Spadefish-1.jpg

The spadefish school on Gazebo was the biggest I've ever seen!

Trumpet-1.jpg

A trumpetfish hanging out in a little "swim though" at the end of Gazebo.

Spadefish-1.jpg

The spadefish school on Gazebo was the biggest I've ever seen!

Awesome pic!!! Please consider this on your next photo contest entry.

thnx for the pix

Thanks for clarifying which one was the REAL Alex and which one was the pancake twin. The likeness is AMAZING! You're SO TALENTED with that camera. Can you make me look like Salma Hayek in my next u/w pic please? Thanks so much. :)

Ok...seriously...I'm with Jenny, Kev, that Spadefish pic is incredible. I get really excited when I see a school of spadefish, anyway. They are just way cool. Argh! FRACK! I'm HOMESICK!!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom