The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was making comments about the Mola Mola and a pun about Moola Moola but the timing has since passed for that joke.

Perhaps, but it's not too late for a molar molar one.

MandibularLeftFirstMolar08-15-06.jpg

It seems as though we have our regular water back, with a moderate north current for both Saturday and Sunday. The conditions underwater were pretty close to the same for both days, but the surface was much calmer on Sunday with seas less fight at 2 feet , maybe 1.5. Sunday was a fantastic day to be out on the water, so we loaded up the boat with four tanks apiece, and stayed out there for lunch.
Visibility was somewhere around 35 feet, and water temps were 72 degrees. I didn't make the last dive due to a congested and painful right ear.
Stu in Fl spotted the first lionfsh seen by divers on our boat in the vicinity of 26 26' 00.15 N 80 02' 48.10 in about 80 feet of water. I have reported it to REEF. Good eye Stu! Hopefully he got a shot of it to post.

Here are some of the pics I took:

sP1010044.jpg

Here is what I believe to be a channel clinging crab, clinging not to a channel, but to a barrel sponge. The dives in the background are about 25 feet away, so you can kinda get a feel for how the vis was.

sP1010055.jpg

Just a shot of an arch formed by the reef.

sP1010070.jpg

This, the first in a series of shots, is a lobster I found on one of the fingers.

sP1010071.jpg

I pointed it out to the Dark Overlord, who was not successful with her attempts to pluck the crustacean from his home.

sP1010074.jpg

Deepstops, at a critical juncture was able to sneak his snare in and capture it...

thesmiting.jpg

...but not without incurring the wrath of the Dark Overlord, and was bludgeoned. Ouch!

Kevin, You really captured the essence of the 'whack'....
Imagine what you could do w/ GI Joe and the 'kung **' grip....

thesmiting.jpg

...but not without incurring the wrath of the Dark Overlord, and was bludgeoned. Ouch!
[/I][/SIZE]

I thought the top of my head was just a little sunburned. Now I know why it still hurts :shocked2:

Kevin, You really captured the essence of the 'whack'....
Imagine what you could do w/ GI Joe and the 'kung **' grip....

Apparently the "kung **" grip model was the one with the extendable middle finger.

Great Pics of the U/W battle for the shrimp. The crab is one ugly critter, but then again to me a crab just looks like some alien invader suited up in full battle armor. Looking forward to 03/22 but try to spill some Windex over board before then would ya?

here are a couple of pics

first the offending lion - @ about 74ft - Kev would have a better idea of the location in case it needs reporting - crap photo, but proof of a lion in the boynton area
sbIMG_00882.jpg

synchronized lobster poking
sbIMG_0104.jpg

tasdiver making off with the goodie bag of tails (i think this was just after bashing deepstops on the head)
sbIMG_0088.jpg

and then some pretty ones :) - christmas in feb
sbIMG_0101.jpg

some tunicates posing for a pic
sbIMG_0068.jpg

Stu! Fabulous pics! I can't believe I missed you :sad: Call next time you're in town. Looks like you all had a great time :biggrin:

Hey Stu!! Wow! Love your christmas tree and turnicate pics!! You know how much I love them. :)
Bummer about the lionfish.

Can't wait to see you at ITK!!

THIS IS A WARNING!!! For all ye who would mess with the Dark Lord!!! bwwwhahahaha These lobsters are MINE!! ALL MINE!! BWWHHHAAAAHAAAA Be Warned all You ONESPEEDERS!!! I will not be denied my crustaceans!!!

Perhaps, but it's not too late for a molar molar one.

MandibularLeftFirstMolar08-15-06.jpg

It seems as though we have our regular water back, with a moderate north current for both Saturday and Sunday. The conditions underwater were pretty close to the same for both days, but the surface was much calmer on Sunday with seas less fight at 2 feet , maybe 1.5. Sunday was a fantastic day to be out on the water, so we loaded up the boat with four tanks apiece, and stayed out there for lunch.
Visibility was somewhere around 35 feet, and water temps were 72 degrees. I didn't make the last dive due to a congested and painful right ear.
Stu in Fl spotted the first lionfsh seen by divers on our boat in the vicinity of 26 26' 00.15 N 80 02' 48.10 in about 80 feet of water. I have reported it to REEF. Good eye Stu! Hopefully he got a shot of it to post.

Here are some of the pics I took:

sP1010044.jpg

Here is what I believe to be a channel clinging crab, clinging not to a channel, but to a barrel sponge. The dives in the background are about 25 feet away, so you can kinda get a feel for how the vis was.

sP1010055.jpg

Just a shot of an arch formed by the reef.

sP1010070.jpg

This, the first in a series of shots, is a lobster I found on one of the fingers.

sP1010071.jpg

I pointed it out to the Dark Overlord, who was not successful with her attempts to pluck the crustacean from his home.

sP1010074.jpg

Deepstops, at a critical juncture was able to sneak his snare in and capture it...

thesmiting.jpg

I thought the top of my head was just a little sunburned. Now I know why it still hurts :shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom