The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The dive on Sunday 3/8 was great. Thank you Brian for organizing. The pics are from the 1st dive on the Castor. Current was swimable although a couple of times I had to hide to keep the camera steady (oh & you should have seen me clinging :shakehead:at the safety stop current was stronger there) The second dive covered 3 sites but I only remember Briny Breezes. We covered a lot of area that was vibrant with color & full of many types of fish. I always see more trumpets & all types of butterfly fish here more than almost anywhere else. Oh the lobsters were on Vacation to my eyes at least although Brian & Terri caught some

Attachments

• P3080653.jpg
    P3080653.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 67
  • P3080692.jpg
    P3080692.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 54
Hey great pics! Thanks for posting them!

Yesterday the blue water was still around, but the seas were a bit spicier at around 2-4'. Not too bad. The current was running south with moderate force for both dives. Water temps were in the high 72's. I got a decent video finally of a great big loggerhead. I'll try to figure out how to get it from me to you this morning, before the Spooky Friday the 13th trip.

Deb -
Great shots - thanks for sharing them with us!
Beth

A few of my pics from the Sunday morning dive, 3/8/09 - thanks for organizing, Brian, and for DMing, Kev!

>*< Fritz

attachment.php

Tunicates on the Castor

attachment.php

Castor

attachment.php

Boynton Reef

attachment.php

Boynton Reef

attachment.php

Here's where we sacrifice virgins... unfortunately the volcano god went home empty-handed

attachment.php

Tasdiver and her "nice coloration" lobster (too big to fit in frame!).

Attachments

• IMGP5215.jpg
    IMGP5215.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 198
  • IMGP5220.jpg
    IMGP5220.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 197
  • IMGP5228.jpg
    IMGP5228.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 196
  • IMGP5235.jpg
    IMGP5235.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 193
  • IMGP5240.jpg
    IMGP5240.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 192
  • IMGP5247.jpg
    IMGP5247.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 186
Hey, great pics, thankls for posting them, and thanks for coming out with us!

Here's some stuff from today...
The pretty water left us on the second dive, but we stared out on the Capt. tony with 60 footish viz, 2-3' seas, a moderate north current and upper 72 degree water. The current built throughout the course of the trip however, and by the end of the second dive we were blasted with 40' viz and chilly 71 degree water. Hopefully it's fleeting.
I did take some pics today, and will try to put them up later on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom