The Brothers islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there

I dove on the brother Islands, it is on of the most amazing dive sites in the world. Please let me give you some tips about diving there. 1) Don't you ever think about deep diving cause of the down stream current. 2) Night diving will not cross your mind 3) Keep in your mind to stay close to the reef as much as you can becasue the more you are far from the reef, the stronger the current. Other than that you will really find it a very wonderful place to dive and you will have unforgetable trip in your life. take care my friend and have a safe dive there. I would recommend LADY.M Liveaboard. My trip to the Brothers Island was on the LADy-M and it was amazing. Check out there site www.Ladym.com.

I'm off to Brothers in the beginning of November this year, so thanks people for all advice you gave (I don't have to post extra one).

Bonnet Ray, let us know how it went when you return!

HAPPY & SAFE DIVING!!!

gehadoski:
Hi there

2) Night diving will not cross your mind

Trust me .... it will ! :crafty: I love night diving and drag "Bonnet Ray" with me whether she wants to or not :wink:(actually she's a very good night diver, better than me anyway)

3) I would recommend LADY.M Liveaboard.

'fraid we're on the Sea Serpent. Looks a nice boat but haven't seen a lot of feedback on it anywhere so fingers crossed.

Andy Hipkiss:
Trust me .... it will ! :crafty: I love night diving and drag "Bonnet Ray" with me whether she wants to or not :wink:(actually she's a very good night diver, better than me anyway)

When you get to the Brothers Andy the last thing on your mind will be a night dive, Its Banned there for one thing, but mainly because the currents are so unpredicatble you can get away from the surface cover in daylight....let alone in the dark. Also its possible to watch the Silky's (big sharks) etc go past the back of the boat hunting from the deck etc if you are lucky.

When we were there a team of Tri mix divers spotted a great white at 80 metre....!!!

With three dives a day, starting at 5 or 6 am all in strong currents you will grab a beer and just smile each night at being in one of the best dive locations in the world.

'fraid we're on the Sea Serpent. Looks a nice boat but haven't seen a lot of feedback on it anywhere so fingers crossed.

Was on the Sea Serpent in November of 2002, she is a big wooden boot...much bigger than the Lady M, and when I was on board, very well run, excellent crew. I could not recomend her higly enough...hope things have not changed to much since then. And i am sure you will have a great trip.

Adrian

Hi Just returned from Brothers Sept 11th. Not so many Hammerheads around on either Brothers or Daedelus, but Oceanic White Tips are back, check out the photo. Every day we had two swimming around the back of the boat. Threshers seen by other divers on the boat. Not by me for the second year running!!!

We were on Oyster boat. Can report no lasting effects from the missing divers incident, very proffesional outfit and lovely boat, crew and importantly food.

Neil

Did a Liveaboard on MV Tiger Lily a couple of years ago, June time. Impressed with the boat and best food on several Liveabords.Out of Marsa Alam to Brother, Daedalus and Elphinstone. Awesome dives on the Brother. Good wrecks and coral. Saw Hammerheads, various Reef Shark, dolphins underwater, and a Manta Ray. I believe that the earlier in the season the better the chance to see sharks closer to the surface. You may need to dive to 50metres to meet and greet.

Well, guys, me and Scubababy will be able to tell you all about it, as we fly from Gatwick to Sharm on Sunday, pick up the boat from Sharm and do North (Ras Mo, I guess) Wrecks (Thistle/Abu Nuhas, Rosalee Muller (I hope)) and then to the Brothers.

Wish us luck that we make it and if we do make it that we see some nice stuff. Video will be available in about two weeks!!!! :))))))))

Belushi:
Well, guys, me and Scubababy will be able to tell you all about it, as we fly from Gatwick to Sharm on Sunday, pick up the boat from Sharm and do North (Ras Mo, I guess) Wrecks (Thistle/Abu Nuhas, Rosalee Muller (I hope)) and then to the Brothers.

Wish us luck that we make it and if we do make it that we see some nice stuff. Video will be available in about two weeks!!!! :))))))))

I went to brothers about a month ago (M/Y Rosetta). It was amazing! Although I was quite worried about the current (and the story about the missing divers:) it was absoltely beautiful. The current was indeed "killing" but with some common sense it was not that difficult (just use your commom sense).

The hammerheads were the absolute highlight of the trip. I never saw one before and also at brothers they were very "shy". However at our last dive at brothers 4 hammerheads (accompanied with 5 grey sharks) paid us a small visit. One Hammerhead left his group and swam through our group of divers. This was soooo cool!!!! (check out the picture)

I always thought I had to travel far (from the netherlands) to see the cool stuff, but this trip definitely outclassed my diving in australia (except maybe the dive at the ss yongala?!).
Anyway...my point: if you have the chance to go....GO!

P.S. M/Y Rosetta was a very good liveaboard. Nice Food, Nice Crew. It's very recommendable!

Rirarianneke:
I always thought I had to travel far (from the netherlands) to see the cool stuff, but this trip definitely outclassed my diving in australia (except maybe the dive at the ss yongala?!).
Anyway...my point: if you have the chance to go....GO!
QUOTE]

Gongratulations to a nice experience - Brother Islands is one of my favourite destinations in the Red Sea (and the world). It is a usual misconception that the further you travel, the better diving you will find. And the truth is that some of the best diving in the world can be found next door to Europe, in the Red Sea. It does not have the spieces diversity of the Indo/Pacific, but a lot more than the comparably poor Carribean waters.

I can see you like wrecks. Did you get a chance to dive the wrecks on big brother, the Numidia and the Aida? The Numidia is my favourite of the two, very nice soft coral there.

cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom