The Chocolate Cake blues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

Step One: Admitting the problem. "My name is Foo and I'm a junkie. Junk FOOD, that is."

Step Two: Set my strategy and my mind right. I've decided to try to focus on my reasons for losing weight, (#1 is I want to be healthy to be here for my family) rather than trying to fit into a different size. That's provided me a temporary fix in the past, I've been able to lose weight before for vanity reasons. Now don't get me wrong, I still wanna look GOOD. But my thinking has shifted and I feel very motivated at this point, although it's been hard this week.

One of my co-workers brought a MOUNDS cake to school to share! And if you don't know what that is, don't ask, cause it's the DEVIL. :crafty: I mean I was in there alone with it, ACK! What worse fate could have struck a weakling dieter such as I??? I actually stared it down while feeling my finger itching to swipe the icing from the plate..., my mouth was salivating, my heart was pounding and I knew that I could get away with it, oh what was I to do? Suddenly, someone called me from the other room and I jumped! Did they know the evil thing that I was about to do? Will they see it in my eyes when they look at me? I started laughing to myself. Saved from the Mounds cake, and feeling very virtuous, I left the evil blight to tempt the next poor soul.

So, yippee! It was hard, but I did it! (Gotta toot my horn to motivate myself, LOL.) Hopefully this grave incident will motivate some of you too, because believe me when I say, If I could do it, you can too!!!

Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom