The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Santa Diver was good to me today. He gave me two Harlequin Sea Goddess' to practice on, the yellow seahorse was out from under the bridge and a southern ray circled me at the beginning of the dive...

southernray0912242.jpg

southernray0912241.jpg

yellowseahorse0912243.jpg

yellowseahorse0912245.jpg

yellowseahorse0912248.jpg

harlequinseagoddess091224008.jpg

harlequinseagoddess091224012.jpg

harlequinseagoddess091224011.jpg

harlequinseagoddess091224003.jpg

harlequinseagoddess091224002.jpg

harlequinseagoddess091224007.jpg

I'm sure if I can work out the lighting those nudis will be crisp and clean. There were a number of shots that were clear, but the lighting was way off...

Practice, Practice, Practice...

I'm diving BHB tomorrow... who's in?

High tide is 7:41 a.m. on December 31. I know that is SUPER DUPER early in the morning but is anyone else interested? I just can't do it this coming Sunday so December 31 is my last chance for 2009. Anyone?

Any seahorse is pretty & it is nice to know there are some on the West side
Thanks for posting
Deb

I agree: I have posted this shot before, but it was also from the west side of BHB.
sea_horse_better_shot_at_bhb_oct_24_2009.JPG

While there are fewer seahorses on the west side, they are there if you look carefully. I have yet to see a pipefish on the west side though.....

We see pipefish on the west side on a regular basis

Where do you normally see them? I see pipefish on the east side (north of the little bridge) whenever I dive the east span, but not once on the west span or fishing pier and I have about 40 dives on the west span......I must not be looking carefully enough!!!

winds were up. Vis was 20-25' water was 76-79 F. I didn't get any good pictures (camera battery was acting up), I did find 4 urchin shells that were nice

High tide is 7:41 a.m. on December 31. I know that is SUPER DUPER early in the morning but is anyone else interested? I just can't do it this coming Sunday so December 31 is my last chance for 2009. Anyone?
I'm on the Diversity for a NYE/NYD dive so I will be sleeping in on Friday morning. I do plan to still be up on Saturday morning for a dive at the bridge :wink:

Today's high tide at BHB

03:58PM

I plan to be there and begin the dive at 3:00 PM, and I know ScubaDad is scheduled to be there as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom