The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim: fantastic video!!! I've seen manatees at the bridge 3 times, but in each case they moved off pretty quickly. They seemed as interested in you and you were in them. very very nice
Thanks, it gave me a chance to look back at some of my videos over the past couple years.

Last year when we spotted a new type of ray at the bridge, I was able to get this for everyone to help ID the "Bull Nose Ray"

And soon, the Bumblebee Shrimp should move back into the waters under urchins and sea stars

I saw this octopus while diving the west side of the bridge today(12/23/2010)

Attachments

• Blue Heron Bridge capture.jpg
    Blue Heron Bridge capture.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 80
Looks (to me) like the high tides on Friday are near dawn and near sunset. Did I read them wrong?? TIA

Thanks, MB. Got my info from "Wade's Page". Apparently the tides for 2008 don't match up precisely for 2010. :dork2:

Kevin

Apparently the tides for 2008 don't match up precisely for 2010. :dork2:

"Good things com e to those who wait." But I wonder how long ya have to wait until 2008 tables work again???:coffee:

Got a spare couple 2lb weights you can bring with ya? thanks, man. you rock.

Jim, nice videos. Thanks.

Oh, those bumblebee shrimp are fascinating! I guess I'll have to take pains to turn over urchins and sea stars while I'm there!

Oh, those bumblebee shrimp are fascinating! I guess I'll have to take pains to turn over urchins and sea stars while I'm there!
When are you coming? I am sure there are a lot of us "strokes" who are willing to show you how salt water diving is done :D

Vis not too good today, maybe 10ft max in some places, so it was virtually impossible to spot anything more than that distance away. Did get to see a batfish who when he saw the camera, we swear he came out to get his picture taken. He was at the shopping carts. Made it under the bridge where it did clear up a little. Also saw a pipefish who played cobra with Hermit Crab and a couple sea robins. Good dive. Water temp was 68° :cold: MrFixit though, laughing along in his dry suit was quite comfy. hmmpph...

Christmas Eve

Viz was milky again - maybe 6-10 ft max. No manatees or eagle rays today, in fact not much of anything. Just a few eels and lots of yellow stingrays buried in the sand. I couldn't even coax my little octopus friend out of his hole.

Saw the tiniest batfish:
tinybatfish.jpg

And a pair of the biggest flying gurnards - I think? (maybe 15"):
gurnards.jpg

The current was pushing hard to the north. Between the extra weight for all my neoprene and working hard against the current I only made it for 90 min. A "short" dive.

I ran into JoanneR in the parking lot. She said "a bad day diving beats a good day at work any day!" So there's that.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom