The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting. Several pages back in this thread someone mentioned feeling as though they were getting a slight electrical shock as they reached toward an Octopus. I suspected that there may have been a stargazer nearby of which they were unaware. Perhaps it was the lesser electric ray. I have never had the fortune to see one at the bridge.

As both creatures are excellent at camouflage, I am sure either could have been in the vicinity and been undetected except for the charge:light:

That was me. Never thought of a stargazer nearby. Interesting... I don't think it would be a lesser electric ray. I got zapped by a small one many years ago and it wasn't that strong.

That was me. Never thought of a stargazer nearby. Interesting... I don't think it would be a lesser electric ray. I got zapped by a small one many years ago and it wasn't that strong.

Wow, Nice to hear of people being CHARGED UP--and now a Guitarfish sighting, very good!! Nice to meet fisheyeview yesterday, thanks for saying hello!! It's a little cold for the Diva and me and my sister; ultradiva at 72 F. But now I must get the housing for the new Canon S95 to be ready for 75 or higher..................Jenny, the carts are scattered about-not far from each other though--there were 3 nice Scrawled Filefish laying atop the carts. We saw a giant Horse Conch shell with an equally large Hermit in it--location deleted, as scubajim said, :D

from the wreck with the mirror, travel north east for 4 frog kicks and you will run into the carts...

I find it interesting that the stargazer, electric eel and lesser electric ray all put out the same 14.7 volt charge... It's like nature had its limit for body conducted electricity, and I find that shocking!... lol

from the wreck with the mirror, travel north east for 4 frog kicks and you will run into the carts...

I find it interesting that the stargazer, electric eel and lesser electric ray all put out the same 14.7 volt charge... It's like nature had its limit for body conducted electricity, and I find that shocking!... lol

LMAO, that was a groaner Jim.

Video Dude and I will be there tomorrow morning by 10. See whoever else!

My wife Sandra wants to dive tommorow morning also....Any chance she could buddy up with you guys? I have to work on the next issue of sfdj.com ( the work part on the computer) which she just plays and takes pictures :)

I've only seen one guitar fish while diving and that was in the Georgia Aquarium: I'd like to see one in its natural setting. The dive in Atlanta aquarium is stupid expensive and I doubt I'll ever do it again (but it was worth doing once!!!).

Those photos of the guitar fish and lesser electric rays are all pretty neat. Interesting insight on the 14.7 volts too.

Last edited:
It's outstanding that they are showing up at the Bridge.

(Just don't be giving out exact locations please. Somebody might want to stab it.) :crafty:

The first "shark" my daughter ever saw underwater.

I've only seen one guitar fish while diving and that was in the Georgia Aquarium: I'd like to see one in its natural setting. The dive in Atlanta aquarium is stupid expensive and I doubt I'll ever do it again.

Those photos of the guitar fish and lesser electric rays are all pretty neat. Interesting insight on the 14.7 volts too.

Guitar fish are common off the beach in vero and I have seen dozens off PB in shallow water 15-25 ft of water. They are kinda slow and docile. The the last Chondrichthyes I ate was a skate and it was terrible.:shakehead::shakehead:

My wife Sandra wants to dive tommorow morning also....Any chance she could buddy up with you guys? I have to work on the next issue of sfdj.com ( the work part on the computer) which she just plays and takes pictures :)

Sure! I'm feeling very "compelled" about tomorrow ... I plan to bee-line straight to Baby Daddy. Actually feel like we should spend our entire dive in that area.

We always try to park in the same spot and the use picnic table closest to the shower by the playground. I drive a big white Buick Roadmaster sedan.

Look for the dude with the video camera. I wear snazzy red Ray Bans.

I think I will know Sandra when I see her - if she was at the proposed sanctuary meeting.

See you tomorrow!
jet

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom