The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Guys,

We will be diving the bridge tomorrow (Sunday). The better half would like to meet the sea horses if possible. I Know the general location however any help finding them would be extremely grateful. If anyone can give me any hints on where to find them, please PM me.

Thanks!

Lots of divers today. It was an excellent dive though because Hermit Crab made her first dive of the year. She was welcomed by at least a dozen octopi, a couple dragonets (she has very good eyes for pointing stuff out!!), and a bizillion divers! When we surfaced, we counted 13 flags in the west span direction!! Post dive was the mandatory Mexican eats in Boca. Yum Yum.

Oh yeah! You really missed it Jim. 2000 divers and a blizzard beneath the Bridge.
I'm cured. No weekends during the warm weather.
OK, new plan: Be there at 9:15 and in the water at 10:15. If there's a problem in the area, call JDC and book two for the afternoon.

This week, I will be in the water during the week if the weather holds :)

Pinkie

I wasn't ready when Pinkie decided to stretch his jaws and was only able to get one shot off. There woulda been time enough for several with a little luck. IMG_0888wa.jpg

Kevin

Hey Guys,

We will be diving the bridge tomorrow (Sunday). The better half would like to meet the sea horses if possible. I Know the general location however any help finding them would be extremely grateful. If anyone can give me any hints on where to find them, please PM me.

Thanks!
I will be there Sunday ( today) from around 9:30a till well past 1p. Sandra will be diivng with Rich (APRXH) and they both know where the sea horses are....Look for us before diving if you want to tag along or get some directions from Sandra and Rich. Sandra will be doing one of her typical 3 and a half hour dives.. I will be doing a scooter dive from the bridge north about 2000 feet, to a 30 foot deep artificial reef. Today, this will be pulling a kayak with dive flag, but in the future will will be laying Cave Line on this route, so that navigation to it is easy, and the need for a kayak on the surface will no longer exist ( for anyone that can do a dive like this round trip as a "virtual overhead).

I drive a red Ford Raptor, and you will also recognize me by the scooter and huge blue DiveR freediving fins...Hopefully we will see you there.

I wasn't ready when Pinkie decided to stretch his jaws and was only able to get one shot off. There woulda been time enough for several with a little luck.View attachment 95967

Kevin

That's a great photo Kevin! You can actually see his lure. Neither my eyesight nor camera were sharp enough to zoom in on that little detail. Very cool.

I think that jaw-stretching is part of his feeding behavior. Carol was able to watch him doing that for a long time one day last week.

I'm heading up there tomorrow but I plan to explore a different area. I don't think I'll make it to Pink's house.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom