The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last year, Feb. - Mar. We had the one day influx of eel larva on a fairly crap vis day... That day was exciting to get the pix, I got. There were numerous days with manatees that lost their inhibitions and wanted to play;

This guy was particularly interested in play time (but, I had a video camera and I was not willing to implement myself in a legal issue because I played with a manatee), he stuck around until he realized I wasn't going to play with him.

The new rig got wet, but my base lens is a mid-range lens that can only focus past 13". More for taking shots of big reefs. I am working on a macro lens for the system , but one must remember, once you are on DSLR, every item you want to purchase is $200+.... :-(

It is *very* difficult, actually, to forget the cost of said items. :D I've had some luck lately by shopping on Amazon. They keep "spamming" me with similar items or categories for which I've "shopped", often which are on some "special". It turns out to be spamming that I *love*. Picked up an 18-200mm lens for $169 after rebate recently. Not that I can use it under water, though. . .

Kevin
who has no good explanation for the time and expense wasted on this hobby :D

Went today and waived off. Red flag and signs. Ocean Rescue said "go in at your own risk, but we strongly advise against it."

We arrived a little late and only saw about 1/2 dozen flags in the water.

I didn't heed the lifeguard warning and went in yesterday( my lemming nature ) and still alive to post this message. The advisory said that Peanut I. was safe. I wonder where they took their samples from.
I have only been diving the bridge since Oct with about 12 dives under my belt so I'm still getting acquainted with the dive. Yesterday west of the last boat in an open area I encountered a round depression emitting a smokey plume that put viz at zero when near it. Has anybody ever encountered that?
BTW, there were quite a few folks diving yesterday.

I heard there were like 50 divers out yesterday. As I said I saw maybe six flags. (recalling my mental snap shot) 2 near the East, 2 near sailboat ramp, 2 heading west under the West span, 2 near the sail boats. Make it 8. A few divers milling about making the same decision I did.

I suppose the lemmings stayed out this time. LOL

No students I imagine. I am guessing after yesterday Instructors decided to reschedule. Too bad dead flat and gin clear.

Joanie: Judy sent me a PM and said she showered immediately and feels fine. But I have a cut on my hand did not want to take the chance. We have tentative plans for tomorrow, somehow I doubt it.

I have to do some serious weight checks before I go on a boat again. I have to start keeping a log. I can't remember what I need with my 3 mil and my hooded vest. Well if things keep going the way they have for the last few months, I probably won't be in the water again until I'm in a skin.

Florida's Healthy Beaches puts the data re:closure on it's website. I will check there and report if no one else has already. I guess we could call the lifeguard stand at Phil Foster Park, or could we--anyone know??

Healthy Beaches linked me to the health Department link I posted.

Red Flag this morning and warning signs were up this morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom