The "Divemaster" thread ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I asked for segment ideas for the new Shark Tank and a big THANKX to 'Mike' from Denver who came up with a great idea.

Highlight some of the island's Divemasters/Instructors. We can call it the "Divemaster Spotlight" or better yet, the "Boat Crew Spotlight"!

Cover both DM's & Captains!

I'll have to get permission from their employers I would think, but I think this is a great idea.

SO, what I now need from all of you is/are your favorite DM's/Instructors & Boat Captains on the island and where they currently work. Any background you have will help.

we'll compile the names, see if they are willing to participate, come up with a questionnaire that won't take up much of their precious time & bring it all together.

Once we get the website up and running, maybe we can include a "Boat Crew Spotlight" on there as well. We hope to grow the new website into a fun, interactive space to get load up on all kinds of things Cozumel.

Multiple names welcome, have fun with it and cheerlead away! Try and keep it positive, I'm not going to talk about "bad" DM's, we just don't do that kind of journalism .. :-D

...as always, gracias in advance!

Love to dive with Manalo at Albatros Charters. He has worked for Rita the past 3 years and has always been a pleasure.

Pedro Pablo, Dive Master & Nivo, Boat Captian. When only the best will do! Blue~XT~Sea. We've dived with Pedro for 12 years. A Professional with over 10,000 dives and he finds everything. If you like to surface with boat right there, pick Nivo.

Raul Platas, DM and owner - Bottom Time Divers. We've dived with him for about 15 years. He is fantastic at finding things especially small, always reliable, loves diving and hates lionfish.

+1

I agree.

Pedro Pablo, Dive Master & Nivo, Boat Captian. When only the best will do! Blue~XT~Sea. We've dived with Pedro for 12 years. A Professional with over 10,000 dives and he finds everything. If you like to surface with boat right there, pick Nivo.

Another for Raul of Bottom Time Divers Ditto what ColoDale said.

Pedro Pablo at BLXTS, Jeremy@ Living Underwater, Alison@ dive with Alison. all very good and a pleasure above the pool also.
Boat Captains -- Mago (Hector) @ Scuba Tony, Carlos@ Dive with Alison, Javier@ Liquid Blue

Scuba Tony & his other boat captain Carlos who is one of the nicest people I know, Pardo Pablo for sure & Jorge at Blue Angel plus Troy & Alex at Pelacic Ventures, & Miguel Novelo who worked there many years ago but moved to Dive With Martin. Eric Perez at Challenge Diving (who I met when he worked for Scubatony). I enjoy diving with all of them or simply bumping into them at Palancar Pier.

Talk to Jorge at Blue Angel. You'll find a story or two there but don't believe any about me.

Jeremy Anschel is the owner, operator, and dive master of Living Underwater. A Minnesotan by birth, he came to Cozumel about 14 years ago, married a lovely Mexican lady, and has two children. He now speaks English with a Mexican accent! He bought the company maybe 10 years ago? An interesting bit of trivia...he just recently returned from India where he and his brother participated in a cross country tuk-tuk race for charity. And he has a lot of tattoos, the newest one acquired there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom