The e-bay SS bolt snaps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris_b

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, finally got my backplate, wings, and other associated goodies. I need to get some bolt snaps, preferably stainless steel. There are a couple of threads about this supplier which seem to indicate good quality (and nice prices).

Any suggestions on which size to get for use without gloves? Their sizes are either 1 1/8 inch or 3/4 inch. The eyes seem to be what is measured. Looking at the picture, I'm leaning towards the 3/4 inch:

IMAG0005.JPG

(sorry, seems like I can't embed the image in the post so you have to click)

Also, I don't need 15 of these (they're sold in lots of 15). Anyone who needs some want to go in together and split the cost? I'd just buy one order and then send off however many you need. I would probably only need 6-8 of them.

Thanks!

Chris

Good idea! I think I'll start checking out the local pet shops and see if they have a couple of SS ones. Have to watch for the spring inside though, some manufacturers make the body stainless but the spring inside is just coated lightly and will corrode with time.

I use the 3/4" WITH 5mm gloves, so they should be fine without gloves. The bolt snaps have a SS spring. Hang on to the lot of them - for $36 or whatever they cost, if you split it with another diver ($18 each) then find you lose one or need to add one to some more gear, you'll be forking out $6-$8 at a dive shop for a single one. Plus you'll want one or two spare in your save-a-dive kit. They're dirt cheap and good quality.

Once you get all your gear together and set up you might be surprized as to how many you need. Always good to have a few extras too...

Tom

I got the 3/4 inch set from them. They are quality bolt snaps. I would buy from him again if I needed more, but 15 was enough for me.

Thanks for the responses. I'm just going to go ahead and get the set of 15 and "hoard" them :D

Back
Top Bottom