The eagle has landed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mislav

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Woohoo! I've arrived yesterday evening! I still have to organize myself here but already today have I been able to log my first dive here in Phuket, right on Kata beach!

It couldn't have been better, really! It was the three of us - Sue from England and a Thai girl named Vicky and me - the water was warm, the viz could have been better, but the fish and corals made up for it. I can already tell I love Kata beach! :lotsalove:

I've had to use my other reg, as my regular one is DIN and everyone here uses INT. Also, Alu tanks are always something I need to get used to... but, there were no problems, I really enjoyed this dive.

Oh, I've spotted a huge blue COT during the dive. Are they common here? Hopefully they won't spread across the reefs on Kata.

Welcome to Kata Beach Mislav. Its my favourite beach and so nice that the divers can dive there now. The Guys today had some tremendous dives seeing huge cuttle fish and plenty of blue blotched stingrays.

Otherwise most DC's should have din adaptors - just ask the DC you're diving with.
Enjoy!

Thanks guys! Hope to meet you in person one of these days.

Regarding DIN - they've said they don't have any and I didn't make any big deal out of it. I've simply moved my octo, SPG and BC hose to another reg I have that has INT. Problem fixed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom