The effects of breastfeeding...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raya

Contributor
Reaction score
Im now married to my gorgeous hubby with our gorge
I wasn't sure where to put this here or maybe in whine and cheese!
However I would like to ask you mums out there this question.... Before I had my daughter I was a full C cup and happy!! Then I had my little one and went to a D I was very happy!!! I breastfed for 8 months, and I noticed slowly but surely I was getting smaller and smaller.. Now, 16 months on from the birth and the days of being a C-D cup, I am a small A cup...and Gutted!

Why???? And more to the point, will they ever come back??? I feel like I have lost part of what makes me a woman. If this is normal and happens to all women who breastfeed then I could say ok, its a sacrifice that you make for the benefit of your child, therefore no questions are needed...but... I know soooooooooo many women who have breastfed like myself and have their pre pregnancy size or even larger... so why did this happen to me??

what has the rest of your weight done?

for many, yes you have larger (and god knows firmer!) breasts while nursing, but you're losing weight while sustaining the baby. they're mainly made of fat, so if you lost a lot while nursing, they'll go down.

so it might be a choice of slender & small or curves.

then again, it might not. but i thought i'd throw it out there.

I'm now 2 kg heavier than I was before being pregnant... I did put on a lot of weight with the pregnancy but I did notice that I lost a lot and very quickly a few weeks after giving birth. I am planning on having another baby very soon, so I wonder if they will grow back being pregnant again?? Fingers crossed!

I'm sure they'll grow back when you start lactating again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom