The FBI took my salvage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course I would return any $ I found. I would not expect a reward, and might not even accept one if offered. Why would you keep something that does not belong to you?

Ken

These posts!!! Lots of LOL:D !!!
If I found a case of money, you BET I'd turn it in. I won't even play the lotto, 'cause (speaking for myself only), any money I didn't earn never ended up for good.
Anyway, you guys are SO funny! People keep looking in my office to see why I'm laughing.

ianr33 once bubbled...
Anybody know how the diving is in Guantanamo??:D

Don't answer this question, it is obviously a clever ploy to find out if you have been diving in Cuba. The Feds will be out after ya!

Walter once bubbled...
"if Rick or anyone else found a suitcase full of money, whould you turn it in?"

That happened here a few years ago, several hundred grand (I forget the exact amount) and the guy did turn it in. When it was not claimed, the Sheriff's office kept it. That really encouraged others to turn in any future finds.

Happened here too ... security guy @ Wal Mart found $90,000 cash in a cooler in the parking lot. Took it home but turned it in to the police the next day ... no reward .... and Wal Mart fired him.

on what happens when people find things and then turn them in. I am not disputing what anyone has posted, but I would put more credence in first-person examples than newspapers, friends, etc....

I wonder if Wal-Mart found out that the guy was an illegal alien -- or are they still hiring?

just wait until you find Jimmy Hoffa! *chuckle* He's probably down there too!

naturalsummer once bubbled...

Happened here too ... security guy @ Wal Mart found $90,000 cash in a cooler in the parking lot. Took it home but turned it in to the police the next day ... no reward .... and Wal Mart fired him.

Wal-Mart fired him because Sam Walton heard about it, and said, "Anyone who get's 90000 in free cash and gives it up is a bonehead, and I don't want him working for me."

Gotta agree with Walter & scubatooth. Security is great but not at the cost of liberty. Another quote for you "Give me liberty or give me death!"
Sorry, but I get a little passionate on this subject.:)

phototj & scubafool
care to cite your source? or spout urban legends? go back and read the original posts. Suspicious items are found. of course, any intelligent person is going to want all the details on the find as well as to interview the finder multiple times. As has been stated, many offenders return to the scene of the crime. This includes arsonists/bombers who often talk to first responders on scene and offer information. Secondly, on the State and Federal level, found items are returned to the finder after thirty days if not claimed by the owner. Both of you spend too much time looking over your shoulders to see the road in fornt of you. :boom:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom