The Great Helium Hunt of 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have Nerts and Inerts. Take your pick.
10011B94-33F5-4735-9447-C128B383C609.jpeg

Hi, I haven’t done any trimix stuff yet...curious about the cost. Is this math correct- to fill a set of HP100s with 21/35 would cost $336 if helium is $4.80CF? Do you also have to pay for the Nitrox or air used to mix as well?

@Marie13 Do you know how much helium you will need for the class? How many trimix dives you will need to do? Are you able to budget how much you will spend on gas?

Hi, I haven’t done any trimix stuff yet...curious about the cost. Is this math correct- to fill a set of HP100s with 21/35 would cost $336 if helium is $4.80CF? Do you also have to pay for the Nitrox or air used to mix as well?

@Marie13 Do you know how much helium you will need for the class? How many trimix dives you will need to do? Are you able to budget how much you will spend on gas?

We’re not doing standard gases. It’s not needed for the dives and there’s no point in using mkre helium than needed. It’s rare for a dive shop to bank Trimix here. Most shops mix as needed. For first dives, 20/20.

I have been stashing cash in scuba fund. I knew exactly what I was going to be paying. I went into this with open eyes. I probably won’t be using more than 25% helium on any specific dive for class. Yes, do have to pay for the air or nitrox to top off the He. Not sure on that cost.

Given how I get narced, I’m going to dive helium whenever we’re 100ft or deeper for class.

I dive LP85s sidemount.

I think that it is well known how Marie feels about DRIS. I would make a small wager that Mike probably doesn’t want Marie as a customer again either, but they have both let it go, are moving on, and probably don’t need a reminder of past disagreements.

For folks to bring it up on a friendly board on a friendly thread is petty and childish, and the folks who can’t help themselves but to post biting little hateful comments will be helped to stop.

Consider a warning given.

We get T's locally at $0.70/cuft from our supplier.

You could transfill from a T, and just have the shop top it up. Even returning the T with half the He left in it you still pay less then that quote. Realistically for 20/20 you could get way more than half the He out of a T transfilling.

I remember paying $95 a T and selling it at .50 a cubic foot.
I paid 95 for the full one I have at home. It's a bit more now but not totally outrageous like I'm hearing here. If it wasn't for Covid and spending the last six months diving in Coz I would be finding out just how much. I placed an order that I didn't end up needing. 4 months later I got the call it was available but happily I was able to pass. fortunately I opted to buy the tank at the time so there is no rental for the T I have sitting at home waiting for me to get home and decide to go deep again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom