Votes: 2 3.8%
  • baby shampoo

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • other

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spit has always worked just fine for me... and the price is right!

Dr. Bill

After using 5000PSI and sea drops, I find that a good lugi works just as good.

The benefit is that from time to time I foget the defog or misplace the bottle when on a charter, but I can always find spit.

no tears baby shampoo....and not all soap is no tears...use the wrong one and you will find out

I was told that during the manufacturing process there is a "film" of oil on the lens to protect it from something. And that it needs come off before using the mask to prevent fogging. I've always used toothpaste on a new mask. The non-gritty stuff.

Then just spit.

But if you do use toothpaste, make sure to get it all out. Crest in your eyes after clearing a mask burns.:D

dsgobie - sounds like you could be speaking from experience about toothpaste burning the eyes during mask clearing LOL :wacko:

I think I go with the flow - cleaning the mask with toothpaste (not gel!!) when the mask is new and then spit before each dive (and as my navy diving instructor used to tell me: "The greener, the cleaner!" :puke:

I'm not sure if it is the environment that I usually dive in, or a fact that I do spit and polish but some of my masks have developed some interesting growths inside of them over the years. I usually soak the masks in a weak solution of Milton to kill off anything that looks as if it is gaining a hold!

Safe and clear diving.

Kev

You guys who don't think spit can do the job, need to dig a little deeper into your lungs for ammo...

drbill once bubbled...
Spit has always worked just fine for me... and the price is right!

Dr. Bill

Same here :D

khel

Kev Martin once bubbled...
dsgobie - sounds like you could be speaking from experience about toothpaste burning the eyes during mask clearing LOL :wacko:

Well I thought I rinsed it out good enough, but I guess I just couldn't get into that little crack where the glass meets the silicon. And I guess salt water pulled the stuff out just fine. I didn't like the whole experience though...

And I guess my buddy could see what was going on, because I could hear him laughing through his reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom