The Great Travis Traverse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 7mil gloves and have little if any issues following lines in low/no vis....it's all in the way you are trained and set mentally, plus I wear a tight/S blue surgical gloves under my neo. gloves to assist in warm-and it WORKS, even if I do pull a neo. glove off, the hand stays from freezing with the blue surgical glove!! My neo. dry suit is set up for dry gloves (ringed) but for reasons, I just don't like those type gloves. Some are better then others for those whom like them.

If I remember right, the line was set to a depth that under normal lake level conditions recreational divers would be best not attempting the line, even to locate it. I will have to give it a drop, when FIXXER ok's it's completion.

Been a while since I've been out there but with the lake full I beleive the tie off is below 130 feet

Okay, since this has been obviously going on for a couple of years now.. maybe we should find some politician we really don't like (okay, this board will probably crash with the numbers of submitted candidates..), and have them rip up all of the line there just so we (meaing you guys..) can start over, give this 'wanna-be' project - real project status and get it moving again!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::rofl3::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Been a while since I've been out there but with the lake full I beleive the tie off is below 130 feet

Someone saw it this weekend, but now I have forgotten who told me...maybe Ian or LVX? I don't think they said it was that deep.

Fixxer knows more about the project than I,,,,but as I recall the idea was to place the starting point below recreational limits (norm. 130ffw) as they would not be tempted to follow it and find themselves with serious issues, as part's of the line were to be in the suggested TMx zone, and requiring an ample amount of gas most rec. divers do not carry.

Someone saw it this weekend, but now I have forgotten who told me...maybe Ian or LVX? I don't think they said it was that deep.

hmm, I'd have to check my log book as it has been a while, I just looked at the map and the deep platform says its at 108 and I know its deeper than every platform, so maybe 120's I seriously don't remember the exact number but I know it starts deep, if they are finding one up shallower than its not the one we put down there. I do know there are several lines up shallower running down deep that are not ours that just kind of end in a ball or muck, this like is marked with a cookie labeled GTTP unless someone removed the cookie.

The bottom stretch of the line is below 160 feet, again I'd have to look at the log book for the exact numbers, assuming I logged them. The final riverbed drop off was in the 150's.

Okay, since this has been obviously going on for a couple of years now.. maybe we should find some politician we really don't like (okay, this board will probably crash with the numbers of submitted candidates..), and have them rip up all of the line there just so we (meaing you guys..) can start over, give this 'wanna-be' project - real project status and get it moving again!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::rofl3::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Just keep lake travis full! When I gotta start hauling a bunch of stairs and over rocks and stuff I lose interest, its not a cave down there after all, I'll only work so hard for just mud.

hmm, I'd have to check my log book as it has been a while, I just looked at the map and the deep platform says its at 108 and I know its deeper than every platform, so maybe 120's I seriously don't remember the exact number but I know it starts deep, if they are finding one up shallower than its not the one we put down there. I do know there are several lines up shallower running down deep that are not ours that just kind of end in a ball or muck, this like is marked with a cookie labeled GTTP unless someone removed the cookie.

The bottom stretch of the line is below 160 feet, again I'd have to look at the log book for the exact numbers, assuming I logged them. The final riverbed drop off was in the 150's.

ah, so its tied off to platform 8. thats indeed around narc-depths.

Checked the log book, of course I haven't logged the dives, figures.

I think I was diving my VR3 at the time so I don't have all the downloads, checking my X1 logs now...

on 5/3/2008 we hit 159 feet on the line, not sure what lake level was or even how far out we were, I really need to keep a better log book.

The depth isn't the real issue down there its the conditions and the drunk boaters btw

Checked the log book, of course I haven't logged the dives, figures.

I think I was diving my VR3 at the time so I don't have all the downloads, checking my X1 logs now...

on 5/3/2008 we hit 159 feet on the line, not sure what lake level was or even how far out we were, I really need to keep a better log book.

The depth isn't the real issue down there its the conditions and the drunk boaters btw

wasn't a joke. the platforms at windy point are numbered 1-8. if the start of the GTTP line isn't tied to a platform, where is it tied off? i'm not asking for gps coordinates, or anything. the depth just seemed right (its the deepest platform), so i thought that's what you had referenced in your earlier post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom