The Greatest Shoal On Earth is here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wanita

Registered
Reaction score
Just letting all those diving enthusiasts out there know whats happening here in KZN< South Africa. The sardines have arrived, the most amazing phenomenon in the world, where all these sardines migrate up our african coast and then disappear. well, they have been beaching themselves because there are so many, and along with them we have been diving with whale sharks, hump back whales, southern right whales, dolphins by the thousands, literally, and fish like you have never seen before, game fish everywhere, and loads and loads of sharks,(Raggies,tiger sharks, zambezi, dusky's, sand sharks, flipping everything!!! visibilty has been fantastic and the diving has never been more fantastic. You should really pack yourselves a holiday and come dive here while this lasts, only about another 4 weeks or so, its amazing and fascinating, and the only place in the world, the only time of the year you will ever experience this/
just making you all jealous and letting you know what Im getting up to!!
let me know if you are interested in an update, photo or whatever. ill let you know
:eyebrow:

wanita:
Just letting all those diving enthusiasts out there know whats happening here in KZN< South Africa. The sardines have arrived, the most amazing phenomenon in the world, where all these sardines migrate up our african coast and then disappear. well, they have been beaching themselves because there are so many, and along with them we have been diving with whale sharks, hump back whales, southern right whales, dolphins by the thousands, literally, and fish like you have never seen before, game fish everywhere, and loads and loads of sharks,(Raggies,tiger sharks, zambezi, dusky's, sand sharks, flipping everything!!! visibilty has been fantastic and the diving has never been more fantastic. You should really pack yourselves a holiday and come dive here while this lasts, only about another 4 weeks or so, its amazing and fascinating, and the only place in the world, the only time of the year you will ever experience this/
let me know if you are interested in an update, photo or whatever. ill let you know
:eyebrow:

WE HAVE BABY WHALES TOO! AAH! THEY ARE SO CUTE! AND THE DOLPHINS WERE PLAYING AND SWIMMING WITH US THE OTHER DAY! ITS SO AWESOME!

Yay! I am on my way down there on Wednesday :)

Are you diving off Umkomaas? Whats Raggie Cave like at the moment?

Just thought I would let you know that it has worked - I'm jealous.

Post some photos if you have them and then you can make me really jealous.

Sounds like the thrill of a lifetime. I've put it in my "Must do" list. Unfortunately the list is getting longer and longer and time is getting shorter and shorter.

Regards

David

David B:
Just thought I would let you know that it has worked - I'm jealous.

Post some photos if you have them and then you can make me really jealous.

Sounds like the thrill of a lifetime. I've put it in my "Must do" list. Unfortunately the list is getting longer and longer and time is getting shorter and shorter.

Regards

David

Trying to get hold of a digital camera (Can you believe I dont have one yet? only a normal one) so I can post pics on here for you guys to see. Dont worry, I missed an awesome dive yesterday, my boyfriend was on North sands, and he said there were like 12 raggies swimming around them, and one baby one... which I have never seen before, mother was aggro tho! look out for my pics, so I can coax you over here fast!

On national geographic (UK Tuesday night) the programme followed the British Diver/Photographer who got bitten by the Copper the previous year, on his quest to get back in the water on the Sardine Run. The scenery looked absolutely stunning, with the whalers, Gannets and in particular super pods of dolphins attacking the shoals and bait balls. It must be an awesome sight and who ever gets the chance to do it is no doubt in for a very special treat

Cheers

Jim

i was there two weeks ago, dived with Aliwal Dive Charters and stayed at KwaMnandi Lodge. I dived Raggie's Cave, Cathedral and the North Sands on Aliwal Shoal, my first experience with the raggies. Wow, what a thrill !!

We didn't see much of the sardines, but i heard there are many rays, dolphins and whales about as well...

i am gong back the net chance i get

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom