The Guardian movie: why the MoF?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wilson:
I know divers who were trained to rescue astronauts, guys who are rescue divers for the fire dept and such, but I can't name one of them who would say it's okay to put your mask on your forehead.
You just met another one that falls into both of those categories. I was Gemini and Apollo but I'm a LEO PSD and I don't care what you do with your mask.

There are lots of other indicators a person gives indicating they are having problems.

Gary D. :wink:

Yeah, I noticed the mask on the forehead thing as well (spelled out MOF for any newbies reading this...). What I really liked was the peacefulness under the water that explodes into chaos topside. Not sure if any non-divers got that...but perhaps that part of our world got across.

Hot guys in hero roles always a plus as well. :)

not only was it on their forehead but they were jumping off the helicopter with it still on their forehead. I guess it was just creative license to expose the face more for the cameras.

During Katrina we watched the footage carefully since numerous family memebers were involved. There were rescue swimmers going into the water with the mask on forehead. It was live footage.

Gary D. thank you:

"You just met another one that falls into both of those categories. I was Gemini and Apollo but I'm a LEO PSD and I don't care what you do with your mask."

Why do non mask on forehead recreational divers care what sport divers and life long water people and professionals do with their mask? This is a manufactured issue. Let people put their mask wherever they want to, why does it matter? N

Probably because so many new divers have the no MOF thing drilled into thier head so much during thier OW class. It took me a while to convince my recently certified friend to stop choking himself by putting it around his neck...

Jake

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom