the gulf bend is in!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterpirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
So with the weather trying to blow up this pm, we ditched the plan for a trip north and instead went south to surf the waves home and wound up on the marine electric. We arrived at the site to find gin clear blue water down to the top of the hull at 73 fsw!! Talk about your vis! The temp was a balmy 78 in the blue. On the bottom in a hole I found I got to 125 fsw and had a temp of 50. Now we are talking deep comfort. Like all things great there is always a flip side. The current in the top 73 fsw was smoking and not for the faint of heart or under weighted as one diver found out. Vis on the bottom was a nice 40 feet right on the sand and around 25 ish up off the deck about 10'. I found the alpha taug and his harem, but he was wounded also... and very elusive, I only got the one look at him before he vanished. So to the person or persons who keep wounding these fish, please stop. 1 shot 1 kill, buy a better gun, practice, anything. Several lobsters were liberated as well as a bag of mussels. I left the bottom at the 45 minute mark and headed for the warmth. On the hang I was treated to a very curious about me sea turtle, a trigger fish, and a 5 foot barracuda. Summer diving is finally here boys and girls, so boat up and leave the quarry's behind!
Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom