The Keys or Cozumel ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Waynel, I luv my problems. Just scheduled a trip to Bonaire in Oct. Thanks for all of your help as always we greatly appreciate it. We are going to go too Cozumel in June and do some diving and laying around on the beach. I am so ready for vacation.

Try the NC coast. Great wreck diving, sharks, good restaurants, historical town, Blackbeard's ship...It's a good short trip and would cost less than leaving the country.

I've posted on another thread, but here's some information again:

www.nc-wreckdiving.com

www.historicbeaufort.com

ronrosa:
Where did you dive in Roatan ? I've read drastically different opinions depending on what part of the island was dove. If going there for the 1st time this August. Hopefully I'll be diving the "good" part.

My comment was not about good versus bad it was about preference.

I prefer Bonaire over the Keys and the Keys over Roatan.

With that being said I am making my second trip to Coco View next Saturday the 19th so Roatan can't be too bad :)

Ron Rosa,

I'm making my 5th trip to CCV next week, same trip as Deputy Dan. The diving at CCV is easy because of the way the DM's load your gear on the boat. Also a wreck in the "front yard" that you can dive from anytime you like. The reefs are great on that side of the island. Plenty of sea life, corals. Good drift diving from time to time on the West End and more sea turtles. It's all good on Roatan.

Deputy Dan, you packed yet? See you at the airport in Atlanta.

Bratface:
Ron Rosa,

I'm making my 5th trip to CCV next week, same trip as Deputy Dan. The diving at CCV is easy because of the way the DM's load your gear on the boat. Also a wreck in the "front yard" that you can dive from anytime you like. The reefs are great on that side of the island. Plenty of sea life, corals. Good drift diving from time to time on the West End and more sea turtles. It's all good on Roatan.

Deputy Dan, you packed yet? See you at the airport in Atlanta.

I hope you wake me up -

Up at 3:30 - pick Herman up at 4:15 - flight out at 6:00am.

Nap in Atlanta - probably won't happen!

ReefHound:
Most of my Key Largo dive trips have involved spending the last night in Key West to offgas before the flight back home. :D
My trips to the Keys usually conclude by diving in the morning, driving up to a hotel near MIA, dumping the rental car, and taking a taxi to South Beach. Then a midday flight home the next day.

Charlie99:
My trips to the Keys usually conclude by diving in the morning, driving up to a hotel near MIA, dumping the rental car, and taking a taxi to South Beach. Then a midday flight home the next day.

I've done that, too. :wink:

No doubt about it - Cozumel will also give you much better diving, but it'll feel like you're on vacation more (I know, that sounds strange but going to a different country makes me come back really thinking I went on vacation - my trip to Key West felt like I should have been visiting relatives or something....ha!).

I live in Miami and go to Coz about 2times each year. Im an hour drive from key largo (in fact Im going down tomorow)but the reefs and water viz in Coz are better , not complaining about key largo but since its only an hour drive , it definetly doesnt seem like a vacation. Im going to Coz next moth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom