The Last Dive-Bernie Chowdhary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still have my copy! If some of you know how to contact Bernie, please PM with the info, as I'd like to get him to sign mine...

slik

Bernie can always be found at the Beneath the Sea in March held in Seacaucus, NJ.

I won't be able to get to Beneath the Sea, so does anyone have an email addy so I can contact him?

I still have "my" copy! :wink:

Can I borrow it?:D

Bob
----------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

---------- Post added December 15th, 2012 at 07:05 AM ----------

I loved the book, too.
Recently read a good book called Descent Into Darkness. If you like history and diving, this one's good too. It's about Navy salvage divers at Pearl Harbor. Another true story.

If you like that, check out Commander Edward Ellsberg's books "On the Bottom" which describes state of the art salvage in 1929 and "Under the Red Sea Sun" which is the clearing of Masawa harbor in '42-'43. I like his style so I read anything of his I can find, there are some modern reprints but you can usually find one or both in a good sized used bookstore for not so much.

Bob
------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

Last edited:
Bernie can always be found at the Beneath the Sea in March held in Seacaucus, NJ.

Bernie is one of the nicest people I've ever met! He's always at BTS! I just need to remember to take my copy along this year to get him to autograph it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom