"The Last Dive" - Great Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikecotrone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just finished the "Last Dive" tonight. I thought it was a very well written book and really portrayed the passion and the personal lives of the Rouse's. Thw writer really was able to get me emotionally involved and kept me there throughout the entire book. I also liked how the author weaved in his personal relationships to the Rouses along with his diving incidents also. The way it was written kept my attention from start to finish.

It is a great read.

My non-diving girlfriend even liked it.

I read somewhere a movie is forthcoming.

Why not send a pm to Bernie to let him know how much you enjoyed his work. He is a member here. You will find him in the wreck alley or NY forums.

I agree, I have read it twice. It was very well written from cover to cover.

Yes it's amazing how advanced in technical diving the Rouse's were, but I think everyone wishes that they would have spent the money on Trimix. No one knows for sure if that would of changed their fate, however it may have allowed Chrissy not to think that there was a monster trying to eat him in the sub. He was really narc'ed. Their story is an inspiration to many and their dedication to the sport was second to none.

I also just finished this book, Great read! Everyone can learn something from the instances mentioned in this book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom