The Last Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too found it odd how little The Last Dive was actually about the Rouses. It was still a good read, but it didn't "grab" me the way Shadow Divers did.

At least 3/4 of book was centered on them. They obviously were not that remarkable for the author to have delved any further than he did IMO...

"The Last Dive" should be read by any and all adventurous, risk-taking divers (you know who you are...admit it). We can all learn from the profound experience(s) offered in this engrossing tale. At times, it scared the tar out me-I am seriously re-thinking doing cave diving (maybe just cenotes).
I also recommend the book "Diver Down."

The story centres around Chris Rouse and his son Chrissy, whose diving careers spanned a mere four years, before they both died following a dive to a recently discovered U-Boat. They were aged thirty-nine and twenty-two respectively.
The highly committed and experienced pair of divers were singular in their generosity to others, and the constant bickering and taunting between themselves. They were knowledgeable and open to adopting new practices and technology to improve the safety margin on their dives. There appears to be no doubt however that they also enjoyed challenging limits, and were pressing ever further into cave and wreck diving.

I would recommend that any diver read "The Last Dive" but it does come across as having been padded to "book length"

You friggin wannabe divers need to grow some balls and then get some diving experience, then you might understand what Berkcam is trying to tell you. A slippery muddy bottom on a slope with big corpse flopping around and thin swimline floating everywhere - all in the dark and at 800+ feet depth - chances of success are not high as proven. Just more children without a dad.

You friggin wannabe divers need to grow some balls and then get some diving experience, then you might understand what Berkcam is trying to tell you. A slippery muddy bottom on a slope with big corpse flopping around and thin swimline floating everywhere - all in the dark and at 800+ feet depth - chances of success are not high as proven. Just more children without a dad.

Going off your meds is risky dude :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom