The Living Seas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amelo1999

Reaction score
Well guys I finally got off my ass and reserved my trip to dive the living seas at Epcot. Going to the 4:30 dive on December 27th. Anybody wanna join me? :D

IS it still $150?

140 and it's 126 if you mention that you are certified through PADI. If you are of course.

If you go during the Summer and are a Florida resident Ive get in for as little as $90. Its a cool dive not so much for the sea-life but all the little kids at the windows surrounding the tank.Ive dove there about 6 times now and its a blast last time they let the kids go "back stage with us and let us wear mouse ears during the dive. One thing you need to watch out for tho .. the dive Masters tend to load ya down with wayyy too much weight.

Greetings All:

Do they let you wear your own gear when you dive it, or do they make you put on their crap?

At the least, I imagine they discourage you wearing a dive knife, haha....

they should have something where they put a lone anemone fish in the tank, and whoever finds it (via speargun or whatever) wins a t-shirt or something. lol

You are allowed to bring a personal mask and dive computer (for those who want one) but that's it.

They supply everything else, including the regs/bc/tanks/etc, and they rig it all. Step in and go. When I was there the regs were Atomic, the BCs SP jackets w/weight integration (which took a bit of getting used to, as I usually dive a plate!), and I don't remember who made the fins. Nice gear and in fantastic condition - looked brand new.

One warning - all they have for wetsuits (and you must use theirs, not yours) is shorties, and the water is a bit cool. At the end of the 40 minutes you'll be getting JUST a bit cold :wink:

It was an interesting experience; I'll probably go do it again.

I do have a tape of it :)

Its a pretty cool dive. Have him call Epcot - they'll give him the lowdown on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom