The more things change....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JesperS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings from SW Florida.

Newly re-certified and oh so happy to be getting back underwater.

20some years ago, when I was 13, my dad and I took our NAUI certs. A few years later we stopped after my dad had a bad day on the Duane. We gave up diving completely, all our gear hanging in the garage.

Fastforward 20some...

After a few summer vacations in the keys we bit the bullet, and my 13 year old son and myself are now newly NAUI certified, and nearly completely set up (frak this hobby is espensivo!)

Plan to spend the next year or so going to the keys as often as possible, doing some easy spring dives, getting nitrox and aow certified, and yeah, an occasional shark tooth beach dive as well (i r hate beach diving).

It's funny how things happen. My son took to this like a fish, and is making me proud (his skills seem to outshine mine)

Glad scubaboard is here, I have been devouring the content for a few weeks now.

See you around!

Congrats on getting back into things. I wonder how the ocean has changed in 20 years. I know in my local shore dives, from other people's stories, the concentration of wildlife has gone down a noticeably in the past 10-15 years - however, many sites and/or protected zones are still teeming with life. Still great diving.

It's a fun and fulfilling hobby (if not a bit expensive).

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom